If you think of picnics simply as a cute weekend lunch, think again. The meal-in-a-stylish basket is made for a group dinner or the ultimate date night. To up your picnic spread game, we’ve selected 14 recipes, with shareable desserts included! Thank us later.
1. Spinach and Feta Spirals: There’s nothing better than the earthiness of spinach with the saltiness of feta, amirite? With a couple of herbs, a squeeze of lemon, and store-bought croissants, these cuties will make your tummies rejoice. (via Lydia’s Flexitarian Kitchen)
2. Jalapeño Popper Baked Turkey Sandwiches: Bring the heat to your outdoor feast with these adorable jalapeño popper-inspired sandwiches. As if the Hawaiian bread isn’t enough, there’s bacon, which makes *everything* better. (via Lemon Tree Dwelling)
3. Mini Crab Cake With Horseradish Sauce: When there’s crab, you know dinner is going to be good. Add these mini croquettes to the spicy and creamy sauce for a protein-packed picnic. (via A Gouda Life)
4. Mardi Gras Muffaletta: Now here’s a sandwich that perfectly stacks up with salami and mozzarella. For a touch of indulgence, olive oil and minced olives are spread over the bread to make this New Orleans fave. (via Striped Spatula)
6. Corn, Avocado, and Black Bean Summer Salad: With hearty (and fiber-filled) beans, this salad is sure to give you nutritious benefits along with the ultimate color craze. And, HELLO, avocado FTW! (via Jennifer Meyering)
8. Watermelon Pizza: No picnic is complete without watermelon. For a fun spin on a classic, add some yogurt, fresh fruit, and shaved coconut for this picture-perfect pizza that will satisfy your taste buds. (via Choosing Chia)
9. Mushroom and Goat Cheese Savory Squares: If you’re looking for a taste of elegance, add these vegetarian squares to your picnic. The mushroom is cooked with herbs, butter, and wine, which we know you’ll love. (via Katie at the Kitchen Door)
11. Lemon Garlic Orzo With Roasted Vegetable: If you’re looking for an insanely delicious side with literally everything right in the world, look no more! This wholesome dish will leave you more than satisfied. (via Vanilla and Bean)
13. Light & Easy Chicken Salad Recipe: Transform this mayo-based staple into a healthier option with grapes, pecans, and Greek yogurt. Go ahead, pile it high on whole grain bread. (via Joyful Healthy Eats)
14. Honey-Lime Quinoa Fruit Salad: Fruit salads just got a lot healthier with the addition of the protein-packed quinoa. This recipe has that tangy-sweet balance going on with the savory basil. (via The Recipe Critic)
For more delicious picnic recipes, follow us on Pinterest.