Okay, so it’s been a while since you and your significant other have had a GOOD date night. We get it — life just gets in the way. But YOLO, right? While we agree that watching the new Daredevil in our sweats is a good time in our books, dating should be fun and exciting. Flip the switch by adding a little bit of oomph to your next date night. Throw away the phones (okay, maybe not that dramatic) and have some fun. Whether you and your boo have been dating for a few months or five years, these ideas will instantly take your date night to a whole new world.
1. Portable USB Vinyl Record Player ($99): Make it old school with a sexy playlist by playing some vinyls on this record player. Whether it’s a little Marvin Gaye or Justin Timberlake, set the mood by playing your favorite tunes all night long. P.S. Lionel Richie knows what’s up.
2. Silly String: Date night doesn’t need to be all sentimental and romantic. Get silly (see what we did there?) with your partner by battling it out in the comfort of your own home. Whoever loses has to clean the dishes. Tomorrow, of course ;) (via Brit + Co)
3. Bonfire Tub: Heat up your date night by cuddling next to a homemade bonfire. First, make sure your tub is made out of 100% tin before burning the wood. Place it on the beach or in your backyard. Then go grab some s’mores and get to cuddling! (via A Subtle Revelry)
4. DIY Sushi Rolls Kit ($20): Have an international date night by making your own sushi. Be sure to add some sake and a Japanese flick to keep with the theme.
5. Paint Glow in the Dark ($2): Be the next Picasso by painting with your babe in the dark. Then add some wine and let the creativity flow. Don’t be afraid to get a little messy — we encourage it!
7. Love Potion ($18): Everyone can use a little push when it comes to a romantic night. Get superstitious with this number by placing a few droplets (or more) on your tongue and see where the night takes you.
8. Firefly String Lights ($28): If candles aren’t your thing and you want to spice up the bedroom, try using strings lights. They are delicate enough to lightly brighten up a room without being too overpowering.
10. Gallop Nubuck Court Shoes ($95): Just because you are staying in, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dress up. Buy these pink heels to amp up your date night to a whole new level. Pair it with a comfy jumpsuit or a cute dress to unexpectedly wow your date.
11. Fondue Pot ($24): Chocolate is a must for a romantic night in. Grab some marshmallows and strawberries for a sweet end to an amazing date night. A cute pot like this wouldn’t hurt either.
12. Moscow Mule Cocktail Set ($99): Add some liquid courage to your date night by creating fun cocktails with your babe. Shake things up by trying new drinks, or keep it old fashioned by sticking to the classics. Nothing is off limits.
13. Fifty Shades of Chicken ($13): Add a little bondage… to your food, of course. Buy this cookbook to try some delish new recipes with your love.
14. Ms. Betty’s I F’n Love You Candle ($18): Show how much you care by burning this candle for a night in with your favorite person. Buy a bunch to scatter around the room or get really romantic by placing them around a table that has a homemade meal for two. Did we just hear an aww?
15. Colored Mini 8 Instax Camera ($100): Take some photos of your significant other for just the two of you to share. No need to worry about accidentally sharing photos with others when this camera instantly develops them after taking the picture. Instant gratification.
16. Lush Sex Bomb ($7): If this doesn’t get you in the mood, we don’t know what will. This bath bomb is perfect for a relaxing bath for two. Drop this beauty in the tub and let the soya milk and jasmine soften your skin for the ultimate bath time.
Know a few tricks to spice up your date night? Tell us in the comments below!