It’s seems like there’s nothing eggs can’t do. Whether you’re pairing them with avocados or decorating them like far-away galaxies, chances are you’re more than familiar with the mighty egg. But there’s one place we don’t often get to enjoy them — the dinner table. Aside from carbonara, eggs don’t often get to star in your evening entrees, but all that’s about to change. These 15 dinner recipes will make you realize that just about any meal is better with eggs.
1. Italian Baked Eggs and Meatballs: Switch up your usual Italian night by ditching the pasta for toasted bread. Dunk each crusty slice into this decadent dish, making sure to get some egg yolk with every bite. (via Plated Cravings)
4. Cuban Pork Fried Brown Rice: Balance your favorite comfort food with something a little healthy in this dish. Brown rice is subbed for white, tossed with Cuban pork and fried plantains, then topped with a runny fried egg for a crave-worthy dinner. (via A Sassy Spoon)
5. Knife and Fork Grilled Cheese With Eggs: Here’s the easy way to up the ante on a classic grilled cheese. Top it with a fried egg and eat it with a knife and fork — and a cloth napkin, if you’re really feeling fancy. (via Garlic and Zest)
7. Eggplant, Chickpea, and Chard Shakshuka: Put a new spin on shakshuka by loading it with veggies. The extra bulk from the eggplant, chickpeas, and chard take the dish from breakfast to dinner. (via The Roasted Root)
8. Portuguese Egg and Bread Soup: If you like panzanella and ribollita, you’ll love Portugal’s hearty way to use up stale bread. Linguica, garlic, cilantro, aromatics, and eggs are tossed with torn slices of bread to create a flavorful meal from just a few humble ingredients. (via Kitchen Gateway)
9. Einkorn Pilaf With Poached Eggs: We all could do with a few more whole grains in our diet. Satisfying einkorn has more heft than rice, and with an egg added, it’s enough to make for a full, healthy meal. (via Savor the Best)
10. Indonesian Prawn Salad: Gado Gado is an Indonesian salad that combines eggs, veggies, and prawns to make for a light but filling meal. Tangy tamarind is blended with coconut and peanut butter to create a dressing that’ll keep you reaching for just one more bite. (via The Healthy Hunter Blog)
11. Egg and Asparagus Tart: Paired with a peppery green salad (try arugula), sometimes a tart is the light dinner you didn’t even know you were craving. This one is made with egg salad and asparagus, a nice departure from your typical quiche or frittata. (via Sugar Love Spices)
12. Dan Bing Tuna Egg Crepe: If you’re looking for a quick but flavorful dinner, may we call your attention to these tuna egg crepes. A thin crepe is topped with an egg and tuna mixture, then flipped, leaving you with a roll-up that’s part omelet, part savory pancake. (via Wander Cooks)
13. Arugula Salad With Crispy Prosciutto, Parmesan, and Eggs: Believe it or not, it’s pretty easy to make a salad that’s satisfying enough to eat for dinner. Add some crispy prosciutto, nutty Parmesan, and a runny fried egg, and you won’t feel like you’re holding back. (via SkinnyTaste)
14. Korean Bibimbap: This nutritious Korean dish is a colorful way to enjoy a bunch of different foods at once. Topping off your bowl of crispy rice, veggies, and meat is a fried egg you stir into everything else so each bite gets a little bit of that yolky richness. (via The Crumby Cupcake)
For more fun twists on dinner, follow us on Pinterest.