There are plenty of fun traditions that come up during the holidays — from decking the halls to whipping up a mean Christmas cocktail. But putting out our Elf on a Shelf for the kids to find might just be the *best.* (TBH, adults can totally get in on this too.) If spotting mischievous Elf on the Shelf antics has you cracking a smile or chuckling, it may be time to DIY your own. To help inspire your own LOL-worthy elf poses, here are some of the best Elf on the Shelf ideas on Instagram.
1. Fresh As Fir: This little guy will love the view from your Christmas tree. A creative Elf on the Shelf idea *and* Christmas tree decor are #wins to us!
2. Chocolate Milk: Indulge in a sweet bedtime snack with your favorite elf. Chocolate milk, marshmallows and Elf on the Shelf make a combo we wish were an everyday thing.
3. Snow Angel: It doesn’t have to snow for your little elf to get in on the winter wonderland vibes. Sprinkle some flour onto your tabletop and set up your little snow angel display.
4. Stocking Stuffer: Forget the traditional knick-knacks. Here’s a stocking stuffer that won’t ever go out of style.
5. Christmas Tree Topper: You don’t need an actual Christmas tree to capture the magic. Spruce up your alternative with the best tree topper you can buy — an Elf on the Shelf.
6. Fisherman Elf: Now we know how this little guy relaxes when he’s not making toys. Throw the look together using your fish tank, a wooden dowel or chopstick and some string.
7. Tea for Two: There’s never been a tea party quite as adorable as this one. Treat your twin elves to some tea and biscuits for a charming tabletop display.
8. Rocking Around the Christmas Tree: If there’s any one place to be, it’s underneath the Christmas tree. Secure the little guy to the base of your tree to keep the presents company until Christmas morning.
9. Cute ‘n’ Cozy: There are few things better than bundling up indoors on Christmas. Let your Elf on the Shelf in on this tiny piece of luxury by wrapping him up in a cozy throw.
10. Kitchen Adventures: Making sweet treats is definitely one of the highlights of the holiday season. Get your elves in on the action by setting up a scene straight from the North Pole bakery.
11. Light It Up: Christmas lights galore! Hang your lights and your Elf on the Shelf up high for a unique way to brighten up your space.
12. Flying High: Turn a toy airplane into the perfect means of transportation for your Elf on the Shelf. Hey, he’s got to get around to those creative poses one way or another.
13. Yoga Time: Love yoga? Have your elf try a couple of poses with you to unwind and recenter amid the chaos of the holiday season (entertaining the kiddos is a lot of work!).
14. Scaling the Mountain: Climbing a mountain is no small feat for these elves. And this creative setup doesn’t disappoint.
15. Let It Snow: Frost up the windows, draw a little message and leave for your housemates or family members to find come Christmas morning. Get the look using spray-on frost that easily scrapes off when you’re ready for new decor.
16. Crazy for Coca-Cola: Complement your red and white Elf on the Shelf with similar colored treats for a bright and bold display. The look works for the kitchen *and* a dessert table at your holiday party.
17. Messenger Elf: Deliver a message to friends and family with your elf. It’ll make whatever game or scavenger hunt you send them on extra playful.
18. Gingerbread Elf: Channel Alice in Wonderland vibes with an elf that appears to have grown too big for the house. All that’s missing are sugar cookies with “Eat Me” written on them.
19. Spell It Out: What happens when you cross an Elf on the Shelf with mini marshmallows? A whole lot of cheeky goodness complete with edible messages.
20. Merry Christmas: Have your elf sit in front of your holiday sign for an instantly festive sprucer-upper. Add Christmas lights and voila — a magical display ready to dazzle.
How are you displaying your Elf on the Shelf? Follow us on Pinterest for more creative ideas!