12 Amazing Salads to Get You Excited for Fall
We’re not wishing for summer to end *quite* yet, but we’re not saying we aren’t excited for fall, either. As much as we love summer produce — fresh corn, juicy berries and crisp stone fruit — there’s something about squash, pomegranates, apples and pumpkin that gets our hearts pumping. Don’t mind us while we’re scouring for squash at the farmer’s market this weekend — we’re just really excited to make these salads.
1. Harvest Salad With Creamy Pumpkin Balsamic Vinaigrette: If we could have transitional food like we have transitional clothing, this would be the salad that bridges the gap between summer and fall. Crisp apples and tart cherries mix with cool cucumbers and are topped with a sweet pumpkin dressing. #YUM (via Love & Zest)
2. Butternut Squash and Smoky Black Bean Kale Salad: Even those anti-kale folks will be converts with this recipe. The black beans and goat cheese add a punch of protein and flavor to this hearty salad. (via Eats Well With Others)
3. Balsamic Chicken Salad With Figs, Portobellos and Candied Pecans: Figs have a short harvest period, so don’t let fall come and go before you make this salad. The chicken and mushrooms roast together in one pan, making this a quick, easy and healthy weeknight dinner. (via The Healthy Maven)
4. Healthy Roasted Pumpkin Salad: Whether you choose to eat this hearty salad as a meal or a satisfying side dish, you’ll love the flavors and the bountiful nutrition it contains. Each forkful will give you a healthy dose of protein, fiber and antioxidants to keep you going strong all day long. (via POPSUGAR Fitness)
5. Autumn Arugula Salad With Caramelized Squash, Spiced Pecans and Pomegranate Ginger Vinaigrette: You can always count on blogger How Sweet It Is to create devilishly delicious salads. And this salad for fall is no exception; she combines a much-overlooked fall fruit (pomegranate) with squash and avocado for a combo that is out of this world. (via How Sweet It Is)
6. Kale, Squash and Beet Salad: Kale, red kuri squash and beets make for a pretty and filling salad. This recipe is great to bring to your fall potluck or dinner gathering. Plus it’s vegan, gluten-free and paleo, so everyone can enjoy! (via Keepin’ It Kind)
7. Broccoli and Butternut Squash Grain Salad With Orange Vinaigrette: Who said a salad had to be on just a bed of lettuce? This salad combines broccoli for crunch, pomegranate for a little tang and butternut squash for a little creamy sweetness for the ultimate Thanksgiving side (too soon?). (via Edible Perspective)
8. Autumn Harvest Salad: It’s almost time to enjoy the bounty of beautiful veggies fall has to offer, like delicata squash, Brussels sprouts, caramelized onions and sweet maple vinaigrette. We can’t wait to get cozy around the fireplace after indulging in this salad. (via Kim’s Cravings)
9. Autumn Salad With Roasted Squash, Cranberries, and Spicy Sunflower Seeds: If you are looking for a salad that is going to warm you up and fill you up after a day of picking apples or wandering through the pumpkin patch, look no further. This recipe is a little spicy and a little sweet — just what autumn should taste like. (via Refinery29)
10. Salad in a Cheese Bowl: Looking for a lighter, fresher alternative to a cheesy comfort food like grilled cheese or macaroni and cheese? This CHEESE BOWL will hold all your favorite fall produce and take care of that comfort food craving brought on by cooler weather. (via Brit + Co)
11. Sauteed Kale, Bacon and Apple Salad: Here’s a warm alternative to salad that isn’t soup. This healthy salad is full of nutrients to keep the cold — and head colds — away this autumn. (via Culinary Coleen)
12. Persimmon + Pomegranate Salad With Burrata + Pistachio Dukkah: If you’re lucky enough to still have farmers’ markets in your area after summer ends, buy persimmons and make this salad. If you can’t find persimmons, this would be equally tasty with apples or pears as a substitute. (via The Bojon Gourmet)
What foods get you excited for fall? Tell us below in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)