13 Satisfying Smoothie Recipes With Hidden Vegetables Inside
Eating healthy is something we all know we should do, but it’s easy to get off track and turn to the easiest option when the day is in full swing. Consuming enough fresh fruit isn’t usually a problem since it’s basically nature’s candy. But why is it so difficult to get in that daily dose of vegetables? Well, it won’t be after you read this. Here are 13 delicious smoothies, each with a hidden vegetable or two, to make sure you’re filling your body with the kind of things it deserves.
2. Super Green Breakfast Smoothie: Looking for a nutritious breakfast that will power you through any obstacle that dares to stand in your way? Just start your day off with this smoothie that’s full of spinach, kale, banana and frozen grapes. (via Kate’s Plates)
5. Banana + Blueberry Smoothie: You’ll never be able to tell (by looks or by taste) that there is cauliflower hiding in that glass. Drink up and get on with your day the right way. (via Harriet Emily)
6. Peach and Pineapple Yogurt Smoothie: Make up for all the junk food you ate over the weekend with this powerhouse “detox” smoothie full of fresh peaches, pineapple, banana, Greek yogurt and spinach. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
7. Raspberry, Avocado and Kale Smoothie: If you’re in the market for a velvety, dairy-free smoothie, try adding an avocado to the mix. You’ll be amazed at how it completely transforms your smoothie. Plus it adds a healthy boost of omega-3 fatty acids. (via The Herb Diaries)
8. Sneaky Chocolate Smoothie: Here’s a smoothie so good even the kids will love it. Just make sure you wait until they’ve finished to tell them there was actually butternut squash in it. (via Just Us Four)
9. Red Velvet Smoothie: This dark purple beauty makes it easy to consume vegetables you might not otherwise choose, like beets and purple carrots. Eating healthy never looked so good. (via Savory Style)
10. Berry and Cauliflower Smoothie: Tired of your usual green smoothie? This one doesn’t have a single speck of green, but it’s still full of vital nutrients to give your system the boost it needs. (via Simple Roots Wellness)
11. Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie: If you like having an indulgent slice of sweet potato pie for breakfast, then this smoothie will make you look forward to waking up in the morning. (via Peanut Butter and Peppers)
12. Berry, Avocado and Banana Smoothie: Making a good-for-you smoothie doesn’t have to feel like a compromise. Pour it in a fancy glass, top with fresh fruit and enjoy every bite. (via Spektrum Smaku)
13. Berry + Pomegranate Smoothie: This salad-in-a-glass smoothie combines romaine lettuce, celery, cucumber and mint with fresh fruit to make something so good you won’t even think twice about all those vegetables. (via Fashionable Foods)
How do you like to sneak in your veggies? Will you try any of these smoothies? Leave a comment and tell us what you think!