Vests have gotten a bad rap, considering Regina George made up a rule banning the Plastics from ever wearing sleeveless cover-ups. It’s time to throw all the fashion rules out the window, because vests are your new go-to solution for when cardigans or sweaters just won’t do.
3. Moto Girl: This Rag & Bone Moto Jacket ($1695) is actually a 2-in-1 garment with detachable sleeves! Paired with suede booties and a slouchy tee, this look is easy like Sunday morning. (via Sincerely, Jules)
4. Tuxedo Vest: Spotted on runways and streets during fashion month, pastels are having a major moment this season. This menswear-inspired work-ready look is a flawless rendition of the traditional power suit, shoulder pads not included. (via With Love from Kat)
5. Faux Fur Vest: Whether you’re attending a black tie wedding, ringing in the new year or still searching for a perfect Halloween costume, layering a faux fur vest over a ballgown is an ultra-glam, uber-chic look that Gatsby would approve of. (via Wendy’s Lookbook)
6. Trench Vest: White is crisp, classic and clean — making it the perfect canvas to punch up with bold pops of color. This versatile neutral is perfect for all seasons, regardless of what old fashion faux pas say. (via What Courtney Wore)
7. Leather Vest: With the delicate texture of the cutout tee and tulle skirt combined with the tough-girl moto vest and leather kicks, this look channels Carrie Bradshaw-meets-Rizzo from Grease. (via GabiFresh)
9. Scarf Vest: Of course we had to include a DIY. We’ve got not one, but TEN ways to turn your scarves into vests. From boho to coastal, you’re sure to find a look that’s right for your style. (via Brit + Co)
10. Striped Vest: Katy Perry’s VMA revival of the all-over denim-on-denim look is actually something you can rock for everyday. This nautical inspired look is something mommas-to-be can sport to stay not too hot, not too cold. (via Little Blonde Book)
Which one of these vests would you add to your wardrobe? Drop us a line!