12 Style Essentials You Need for Festival Season
Besides getting to wear super cute rain boots and having more hours of sunshine in the day, one of the great things about springtime is that it’s another kind of season too: festival season. In between downloading festival season apps and choosing your festival fashion looks to copy, scroll through these 12 festival essentials to up your style game.
1. Bittersweet Hair Tie Bracelet in Flower Design ($45): You never know if you’ll want your hair up or down or if you’ll get caught in the rain while you’re out in the elements, enjoying some top-notch tunes. Stay prepared for anything with this stylish hairband holder.
2. Zerouv Horn Rimmed Sunglasses ($10): Affordable sunnies are simply a must-have for festival-goers. You’ll need to shield your ojos from the sun, but you certainly don’t want to get upset if you lose your glasses at some point during all the musical madness.
3. The Tree Kisser Dogs Before Dudes Tee ($35): A cute, comfy and flowy tee is key for festival season. It’ll keep you cool in warm weather and sports an adorable saying that’s pretty much guaranteed to earn you at least 1,000 high fives throughout the course of a weekend.
4. Foxy Originals Victoria Earring Jackets ($24): If these aren’t the most fun and festival-worthy earrings that have ever existed, then we simply don’t know what are. They’re golden and glamorous, and they practically scream fun.
5. Avenue Dee Fruit Stripes Fanny Pack ($32): Oh yes, fanny packs are back. And lucky for festival babes, they’re the perfect accessory to keep all your essentials with you in a worry-free way. You won’t be fretting about keeping track of your bag since it’ll be right there with you, strapped to your hips.
6. Soko Double Dash Choker Necklace ($110): This beauty is golden, minimal and ultra trendy — the holy trinity of festival awesomeness. No matter what kind of outfits you’ve got planned, this accessory will glam them all up.
7. Pinrose Starter Kit Petal Perfume Pack ($9): Forget toting perfume or body spray around to combat the natural B.O. issues that arise in sweaty, dancing crowds. Just toss a packet or two of this sampler set in your bag and off you go, you lovely smelling thing, you.
8. Ofina Webbed Ear Cuff ($24): Hello, beautiful bling. Toss these puppies on your ears and add just the right amount of bling to any ensemble you pair them with.
9. Trackr Bravo in Silver ($30): Make sure you don’t encounter that dreadful feeling of losing your keys with this key tracker from Bravo. All you need is a smartphone, and they’ll be back in your possession in no time at all.
10. Bando Back Me Up Mobile Charger ($30): You’ll never be able to find your friends with a dead phone. Make sure you’re not the lost one with this compact and super stylish mobile charger that will keep you all powered up on the go.
11. Judith March Woven Clutch ($25): This woven clutch gives off a laid back vibe that will be the envy of everyone else at the show.
12. Bkr Holiday Bottle ($35): Hydration, hydration, hydration! Staying hydrated is the golden rule of festivals, which is why more and more of them are offering free water to those with reusable bottles. Capitalize on the trend in style with this blue beauty from Bkr.
What’s your festival game plan this season? Share with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)