Whether you’re headed back to school or not, there’s no denying that a change of seasons is on its way. And while we’re pretty excited for the leaves’ changing color scheme and pumpkin-flavored everything, we definitely want to soak up all that’s left of summer. And to us, that means spending the weekend in the sun-soaked backyard making things. Whether you’re in need of a fall shoe update or a statement rug, here are 10 projects to tackle before Monday’s return.
1. Leather Earrings: If you’re in need of an earring update, here are four ways to make your own! (via Brit + Co)
2. Toolbox Planter: Looking to do a little bit of woodworking this weekend? Make this cute and customizable planter box. (via Beckham and Belle)
3. Anthropologie Rug Hack: Ok, so we’re down to drop some dough on investment pieces, but we’re going to be real for a sec. While we love Anthro, we’re not really willing to drop almost $600 on a rug that we could easily DIY. Put that extra cash in your travel fund and get making. (via Brit + Co)
4. French Fry Quilt: Because let’s be honest — we’ve all wanted to curl up with french fries a time or two. (via The Sewing Party)
5. Knotted Coasters: Get a little knotty on your next crafternoon. (via My Poppet)
6. Polkadot Dress: If this isn’t the epitome of a party dress, we’re not sure what is. (via Brit + Co)
7. Gemstone Shoe Clips: Looking for a way to update a tired pair of flats? Done and done. (via Lovely Indeed)
8. Tie-Dye Soap: Because who says you can only tie-dye t-shirts? (via A Beautiful Mess)
9. Cotton Necklace: If you’re in need of a bold new statement necklace, here is one way to make a total stunner on a serious budget. (via Brit + Co)
10. Cactus Ring Holder: If you still don’t have enough cactus-related things in your decor, here’s a way to add the final touch. (via Revamperate)
Do you have any projects planned for the weekend? Share your ideas with us in the comments below.