20 Gorgeous IKEA Hacks You Can Make With a Can of Gold Spray Paint
We might be a little obsessed with gold spray paint. Ok, maybe A LOT obsessed. Whether you want to update a piece of furniture or add some glam to a thrift-store find, spray paint is just the thing for a quick and easy DIY. And speaking of quick and easy, have you ever come across an IKEA hack that you loved and then realized it would take the whole weekend (including your Sunday Funday) to finish? If you want to work a one-off miracle for your IKEA finds, look no further than these 20 expensive-looking, budget-friendly IKEA hacks that were done using nothing more than a coat or two of gold spray paint.
1. Golden Lighting: Normally a golden desk lamp could set you back quite a bit, but with a touch of gold spray paint, you can add some style and class to your workspace for just a few dollars. (via Pennies for a Fortune)
8. Touched With Gold: Proof that a little paint can go a long way, just adding gold knobs and painting the legs and base of this IKEA dresser gives it that Scandinavian-glam look we love. (via Smitten Studio)
13. Pendant Lamps: You may not think adding gold paint to the inside of a lampshade is that impressive, but you’ll be amazed how much more stylish and elegant even a simple IKEA shade looks with this luxe update. (via Lulus)
14. Office Chair Chic: Isn’t it amazing how the simplest update like gold instead of silver can make this IKEA swivel chair look like a completely new piece of furniture? It’s a stylish piece of furniture that you definitely won’t mind having in your workspace. (via Hither and Thither)
18. Golden Lamp: Basically any lamp looks better in gold — or copper, if you’re more into that shade. If you’re feeling extra adventurous, add some fun dashes of paint to the shade. (via Pennies for a Fortune)
19. Striped Candles: Technically this DIY calls for gold tape. But since it still only requires one item (another one of our faves: washi tape), we decided it still deserves to be included. (via Kristi Murphy)
What IKEA items have you updated using only gold paint? Share your projects and photos in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.