20 Gorgeous IKEA Hacks You Can Make With a Can of Gold Spray Paint
We might be a little obsessed with gold spray paint. Ok, maybe A LOT obsessed. Whether you want to update a piece of furniture or add some glam to a thrift-store find, spray paint is just the thing for a quick and easy DIY. And speaking of quick and easy, have you ever come across an IKEA hack that you loved and then realized it would take the whole weekend (including your Sunday Funday) to finish? If you want to work a one-off miracle for your IKEA finds, look no further than these 20 expensive-looking, budget-friendly IKEA hacks that were done using nothing more than a coat or two of gold spray paint.
1. Golden Lighting: Normally a golden desk lamp could set you back quite a bit, but with a touch of gold spray paint, you can add some style and class to your workspace for just a few dollars. (via Pennies for a Fortune)
8. Touched With Gold: Proof that a little paint can go a long way, just adding gold knobs and painting the legs and base of this IKEA dresser gives it that Scandinavian-glam look we love. (via Smitten Studio)
13. Pendant Lamps: You may not think adding gold paint to the inside of a lampshade is that impressive, but you’ll be amazed how much more stylish and elegant even a simple IKEA shade looks with this luxe update. (via Lulus)
14. Office Chair Chic: Isn’t it amazing how the simplest update like gold instead of silver can make this IKEA swivel chair look like a completely new piece of furniture? It’s a stylish piece of furniture that you definitely won’t mind having in your workspace. (via Hither and Thither)
18. Golden Lamp: Basically any lamp looks better in gold — or copper, if you’re more into that shade. If you’re feeling extra adventurous, add some fun dashes of paint to the shade. (via Pennies for a Fortune)
19. Striped Candles: Technically this DIY calls for gold tape. But since it still only requires one item (another one of our faves: washi tape), we decided it still deserves to be included. (via Kristi Murphy)
What IKEA items have you updated using only gold paint? Share your projects and photos in the comments below!
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.