It’s obvious that we aren’t the only ones out there obsessed with IKEA and all the hacks you can create with those classic pieces. And while it may be easy to imagine how to add color to a desk or create storage out of something that isn’t meant to be storage, sometimes it can be a bit difficult to make IKEA’s furniture look elegant. However, there are ways. Just take a look at these 14 elegant IKEA hacks to prove our point.
1. Gold Leaf Desk: Every girl could use a little more gold leaf in her work day. That’s what this hack is all about. (via Style Me Pretty)
2. Shelving Update: While you’re using metallic paint for just about everything in this post, go ahead and give your shelving brackets new life too. (via Houzz)
3. Office Chair: Who says you can’t have the queen of all chairs in your office space? With an IKEA office chair, it’s both simple and affordable to create. (via Hither and Thither)
4. IKEA Planters: Who would have thought that two stacked planters could look so chic? These guys, apparently. (via Brady Bunch Remodel)
5. TV Console: Moping over a boring plain white TV console? Thumbtacks will spruce it up in no time. (via Signed By Tina)
6. Kids’ Table: Let’s not forget the kids. Transform the classic IKEA kids’ table set with a pretty coat of paint on those chairs and a chalkboard tabletop. (via Paddington Way)
7. Pendant Lamps: Add a bit of glamour to your lighting by putting some metallic paint on the inside of your pendants. (via LuLu’s)
8. Floating Sideboard: Turns out IKEA’s kitchen cabinets are hackable too. That’s what this sideboard is made from, and you would never guess. (via Made By Girl)
9. Side Table: You can have the most stylin’ side table around with copper leaf and marbled contact paper. So, what are you waiting for? (via Style Me Pretty)
10. Changing Table: Need a project for your leftover white spray paint? Use masking tape and spray away a pretty design on an IKEA dresser. (via Design Sponge)
11. Coffee Table Desk: Ever thought of using only part of an IKEA piece? That’s what this hack does with its coffee table top and hairpin legs. (via Style Me Pretty)
12. IKEA Chair: Get ready to get Sharpie happy, cause that’s how you put those dots on this IKEA hack. Brilliant, right? (via Little Green Notebook)
13. Organizers: Don’t settle for the regular IKEA magazine organizers. This hack will make them look *so* much better. (via The Lily Pad Cottage)
14. Play Kitchen: Get your imaginative darling playing in style with this fab IKEA kitchen makeover. (via Babiekins)
Do you have any elegant IKEA hacks to share? Send us your links below!