14 Green Bean Recipes That Go Beyond the Casserole
Whether you’re looking for an alternative to the regular ol’ cream-of-mushroom-and-fried-onion casserole at the holidays or wondering what to do with a bumper crop of green beans at the height of summer, we have you covered with this collection. Featuring 14 fantastic, can-opener-free recipes for serving up a side dish of green beans, there’s a combination of flavors fit for every palate. If you’re dead set on a casserole, though, we won’t stand in your way. Instead, we encourage you to click over here to take a peek at modern takes that may or may not incorporate a bit of bacon. (mmm, bacon.)
1. Oven Baked Green Beans With Parmesan Cheese: Why mess with a good thing? A quick toss in olive oil and a sprinkle of S+P followed by a finishing spritz of lemon juice and pile of Parm grated over the top is all you need to create one flavorful side. (via Cooking LSL)
3. Garlic Green Beans With Anchovies, Parmesan and Walnuts: In only 10 minutes, these umami-packed beans will be ready for your enjoyment. Between the Parmesan, garlic and toasted nuts, the fishy anchovy flavor practically melts away, leaving behind a savory saltiness in its wake. (via Things I Made Today)
6. Roasted Garlic Butter Haricot Vert: Roasted garlic provides a lovely sweet flavor to these fine, French green beans. Unlike the sauteed stuff, roasted garlic’s flavor is subtle enough to complement the beans without overwhelming them. (via The Lazy Mom’s Cooking Blog)
9. Green Bean Fries: We’re always looking for healthier ways to get our fry fix, and boy do these green beans deliver. Covered in a crispy seasoned cornbread coating, you don’t even need to serve ’em with the lemon-garlic aioli… but a little extra touch of flavor never hurt, right? (via Brit + Co)
12. Zucchini, Bean + Blue Cheese Salad With Walnuts: Ribbons of zucchini lace themselves through a tangle of beans, cheese and walnuts to create this stunning salad. Finished with a drizzle of walnut oil, lemon, Dijon and honey vinaigrette, we can only imagine how happy our taste buds would be to try it. (via Drizzle and Dip)
13. Garlicky Green Beans Almondine: A touch of garlic and bacon fat transforms this classic green bean dish into something extraordinary. In other words: It’s worlds better than any of the frozen varieties we grew up with. (via Simply Scratch)
What’s your favorite way to dish up fresh green beans? Do you enjoy them year-round, at the holidays or only at the peak of summer? Chat with us in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)