Trend Alert: 21 Hot Pairs of Harem Pants
Now stop… harem time! MC Hammer may have popularized this trend back in the ’90s, but long gone are the days of his ridiculously poofy trousers (sorry Hammer, we still love you). In the 21st century, “harem pants” refer to this sleeker yet still comfy style of pants. While the task of rocking this revived fad may seem daunting at first, we have 21 pairs that prove that it’s actually quite effortless.
1. Nasty Gal Jaden Jumpsuit ($128): Jumpsuits are great because you don’t have to go through that grueling task of picking a shirt and pants that match (yes, grueling).
2. BDG Tapered Chambray Harem Pants ($69): Crossing them with a pair of jeans makes them extremely easy to pair with any top. They’re the new jeggings!
3. Free People Cropped Harem Pants ($98): It’s been discovered recently that crop tops look great with everything from high-waisted skirts to overalls, and now harem pants. This outfit is the modern revival of ’90s fashion at its best.
4. Without Walls Striped Harem Pants ($58): Here are your pants for those long walks on the beach that you just love to take.
5. Free People Got Me Twisted Harem Pants ($78): A casual and effortless look, these are soon to become your faves. And lucky for you, they come in six different prints — one for almost every day of the week!
6. Nasty Gal Madhuri Harem Pants ($78): This Indian-inspired pair of vintage harem pants come in an absolutely beautiful shade of peacock blue. The material looks so luxurious, you may find it hard to believe they’re made from the ever comfortable cotton.
8. Free People Starry Night Harem Pants ($98): There’s just enough print to draw interest, but they’re neutral enough to look great with a brightly colored top.
9. Alternative Fairfax Harem Sweatpants ($80): You know what your trips to the gym are missing? Amazing sweatpants. Just think about how much better your circuit workout will feel when you’re rocking these.
10. Nasty Gal Electric Flower Harem Pants ($88): A conversation-starting pair of harem pants work really well for any spring or summer outing. Seriously, where could you not wear these?
11. Staring at Stars Pleated Harem Pants ($20): With pleats at the top and tapered ankles at the bottom, these harem pants are definitely figure-friendly.
12. Free People Got Me Twisted Solid Pants ($68): Got a surplus of printed tops in your closet? Looks like you’ll need a pair (or a few) of solid colored pants to go with them.
13. ASOS Harem Pants ($31): Color fads may come and go, but black is trendy forever. These dark pants are guaranteed to outlive the harem pants fad (though we never want it to end).
15. Ecote Lark Knit Harem Pants ($39): Tie-dye practically screams beach vacation. Now you have the perfect excuse for a getaway!
16. Silence + Noise Silky Harem Pants ($20): We personally feel that these may be one of the best out of the lot because of their versatility. Not only are they formal enough to be worn to work, but the light and playful print would fit right in at a party as well.
17. Anthropologie Sequined Harem Pants ($348): Bling-tastic! If you’re enamored with anything that shines, this is the pair for you.
18. Staring at Stars Allover Print Harem Pants ($20): Not sure what an “allover” print is? It doesn’t even matter. Just go with it.
20. Free People Climbing Vines Crossover Harem ($128): From the daring dark floral print to that crazy shade of blue, Free People is killin’ it.
21. Move By Alternative Chin-Up Harem Pants ($88): Last but not least, a very useful pair of harem pants to wear to the gym.
Which spring trend do you see yourself trying out? Tell us all about it in the comments below!