The Ultimate Harry Potter Gift Guide
ICYMI: There’s a new Harry Potter book out, and it’s filled with exquisite sketches of the creatures that captured our hearts (RIP Dobby) and haunted our nightmares (boggarts). Any Potterhead would love to add it to their stack of coffee table reads, and Potter fan or not, anyone’s bound to spend hours admiring the gorgeous illustrations and reading all the behind-the-scenes info. Perfect for holiday gifting, if you ask us. If you’re looking for even more presents to give the Harry Potter fanatic(s) in your life, we found 20 that they’ll love. Granted, you can’t make their Hogwarts acceptance letter delivery happen, but these gifts come pretty close.
1. Don’t Let the Muggles Get You Down Mug ($23): Haters gonna hate, but that’s never reason enough to drag you down. You’ve got the magic in you. Make this your #motivationalmonday quote when you’re sipping your morning cuppa.
2. Graphic Tee ($15): Every once in a while, we like to indulge in a mega-marathon of watching the Harry Potter movies back to back. Do it in comfort and style with this lightweight cotton raglan tee, featuring the best trio of friends, baby-faced Harry, Hermione and Ron.
3. Makeup/Pencil Pouch ($10): They’ll need to store their wands (read: pens, pencils, markers) in something portable for easy access, and this colorful zipper clutch covered in cartoon characters fits the bill.
4. Harry + Ron Earrings ($7): What a pair of studs! (We crack ourselves up.) Young Harry and Ron are too cute. These earrings are sure to keep spirits high and the laughs coming.
5. Polyjuice Flask ($25): When it’s been that kind of day (or week), sometimes we need a swig or two of polyjuice. Fill it with the brew (or spirits) that suits your fancy. As for the official elixir, leeches, boomslang skin and bicorn horn are sold separately.
6. Potterhead Candle Sample Pack ($14): The folks at Frostbeard created a mini-collection of scented soy candles inspired by characters and settings from the books. Butterbeer is a sweet and rich butterscotch base with notes of creme brulee and butter rum (um, yum). Dumbledore’s Office is warm, woodsy and cozy, with a base of cedarwood vanilla, fireplace and lemon drops. You can spring for the sampler pack to try all scents or purchase 8 oz candles of individual scents for $15.
7. Accio Coffee Mug ($20): Once our alarm goes off each morning, we can’t get coffee in our hands and down the hatch quick enough. Summon your brew of choice in this coffee mug.
8. Hogwarts Seal Sweater ($36): You’ve visited Platform 9 3/4 and heard the whistle of Hogwarts Express in your head. While you’ve got your fingers crossed waiting for it to make a return stop at King’s Cross Station, sip some butterbeer and relax in this comfy Hogwarts sweatshirt.
9. Harry Potter Hard Cover Box Set: Books 1-7 ($107): Sure, they will never (repeat, never) get rid of their beloved paperback copies that they first owned, but you can complete their HP collection with the official set of hardcover books, which includes a chest to keep these treasures protected. And it’s got a snazzy antiqued exterior, which will look great next to their HP memorabilia.
10. Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection ($40): Let the movie marathoning begin. LOTR fans get to enjoy extra meals like second breakfast and elevensies, so it’s only natural that Potterheads enjoy The Great Feast Platter while watching all 15+ hours of the cinematic adventure.
11. Accio Wine Glass ($22): We can’t get coffee fast enough in the morning before work, but come five o’clock, it’s wine time.
12. Refrigerator Magnet Set ($12): Fans of all ages will love stringing together haikus or six-word stories using vocabulary from the Wizarding World.
13. The Three Broomsticks Pint Glass Set ($28): Whether your go-to brew is wheaty or hoppy, serve it up in these authentic pub pint glasses.
14. Deathly Hallows Sweatshirt ($35): With the Elder Wand, Resurrection Stone and Cloak of Invisibility, you’re equipped to handle anything that comes your way. Use them wisely.
15. Hogwarts Beanie ($10): Everyone knows which Hogwarts House they belong in. Rep Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin in style with these pom pom-topped beanies.
18. Spectacles Ring ($32): Next to Atticus Finch, Harry Potter’s our favorite bespectacled literary protagonist. This titanium-wire ring is wrapped in the shape of Harry’s iconic glasses and lightning scar.
19. Print Collection – Set of 6 ($50): These subtle prints are meant for a home office or nursery. It’s never too early to start the Harry Potter series.
20. Title Icon Sweatshirt ($35): Sport all seven books in the series with the icons that represent them best.
Do you see something an HP-loving bud (or you) would love to unwrap? Leave us a comment.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.