15 Organized Home Offices That’ll Make You Want to WFH Every Day
Summer Fridays are here! So there’s no better time to get your home office organized and ready. Not sure where to start? We’ve rounded up everything from chic bookshelves to beautiful bulletin boards so you can finally give your workspace the storage AND style you’ve been looking for. Scroll down to preview all the fab inspo that’ll have you wanting to WFH every day of the week!
1. Practical and Pretty: Shelve work essentials (think: folders, files, and notebooks) with fun decorative accents in a setup that feels like storage but definitely doesn’t look like it. (via Pizzazzerie)
2. Have It Pegged: When your office consists of a desk and not much else, use a pegboard backsplash for extra space to store your things. From clipboards with work docs to caddies filled with pens and pencils, the organizational opportunities are endless. (via One Crazy House)
3. Floor-to-Ceiling Cork: If you love an IRL pinboard, the cork wall was made for Y-O-U. It can keep all your fave things showcased in plain sight, inspiring you as you go. (via Boho Chic Style)
4. Ombre Organization: File paperwork in a multi-colored receptacle that doesn’t look like much of an eye sore — even if the work itself is. Bonus points for beautiful labels! (via Punched Clocks)
5. Clever Catch-all: If you don’t have the space to keep items tucked away, tote them loud and proud. This “Get It” pegboard carries all the sentiments to keep you motivated during the day, while also working double to pin loose items down. (via Lovely Indeed)
8. Bookshelf Backup: Investing in a solid set of built-ins is the best way to account for future organizational needs. If you’re a lucky individual who already has these, dress them up with trinkets in a fun color scheme. It’s a bonus if the accents double as storage themselves! (via Lemon Stripes)
9. Keep It Fashionable: Incorporate your fashion sense into your workday. Stack your fave purchases on shelves to inspire your best work. Plus, the solution is just one more excuse to invest in some extra shoes. (via Domino)
10. Hideaway: House your work life away from the rest of your living space with a sliding door. You can keep your area quiet while concealing away any unsightly messes — now that’s what we call a decorating win-win. (via House of Turquoise )
11. Do-It-All Board: This wall addition does it all. Between scheduling meetings, filing paperwork, and keeping notes top of mind, the next question you should be asking is, “Can I add one to every room?” (via Martha Stewart)
View this post on Instagram
Reposting this so I can answer the many questions I get asked about these carts: These are the RASKOG carts from IKEA😄. I spray painted them AFTER they were assembled :) I used the rustoleum paint in "ocean mist" for the mint and plastikote paint in "cameo pink" for the pink cart. I also spray painted some plastic containers to match using a plastic primer beforehand. If there are anymore questions please let me know 😘😘😘
A post shared by Laura Vorlicek (@lauravorlicek) on
12. IKEA Hack: With some pretty paint and a little primer, a simple IKEA Utility Cart ($25) becomes a multi-use storage system. We’ll take three, please!
13. Minimalist Magic: Minimalist decor helps keep things looking neat and tidy, without any *actual* cleanup involved. Now if only your latest work project was that easy… (via The Everygirl)
14. Movable Office: Typically used for the toolshed, this cart can be transitioned into a functional office unit that moves with you as you go. It can also be personalized in a variety of colors and accents to perfectly complement the place that makes you, YOU. (via A Pumpkin and a Princess)
15. Multifunctional: Secure your magazines to the wall for a low-cost way to dress up the place. Now you can save some much-needed drawer space *and* have a pretty display. (via Apartment Therapy)
Are you looking to organize your office? Follow us on Pinterest for more inspo!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.