15 Ice Cream Gadgets to Up Your Sundae Game
Ice cream is the darling of summer desserts. Whether it’s dressed up in a sundae, melted down in a float or wedged between layers of cake, it’s something we can’t live without. We’ve shown you some stellar ice cream gadgets in the past, but people keep finding new ways to make this frozen treat even better. If you really want to embrace the creative summer spirit this season, take your ice cream game totally over-the-top with the 15 latest and best ice cream gadgets.
1. Electric Ice Cream Maker ($45): We know there are endless ways to make ice cream without the machine, but this gadget will knock the socks off the guests at your next summer soiree. It’ll also make it a lot easier to produce enough scoops to please a crowd!
2. Serrated Ice Cream Scoop ($10): It may not look glamorous, but the serrated edge on this ice cream scoop does serious work on even the hardest frozen chunks. Snag this and you’ll never have to budget time for softening ever again.
3. Ice Cream Pint Holder ($55): Whether you make you own ice cream or just slip a pint of Ben + Jerry’s inside, these containers will keep your hands from getting too chilly. And their aluminum-enamel coating somehow makes any ice cream look even more delicious.
5. Easy-Release Ice Cream Scoop ($8): Anyone who’s ever scooped ice cream knows it is impossible to do without getting it on your hands. But this clever easy-release scoop will make you the envy of all your friends! Well, maybe not, but at least it will keep your hands from getting sticky.
6. Waffle Cone Maker ($50): What’s ice cream without a cone? A true DIY genius makes the ice creamand the cone that it goes in. And then she invites her friends over for the best ice cream party ever.
7. Zipzicle Ice-Pop Pouch ($3): Fill these little bags with juice and toss them in the freezer. If you can bear to wait a few hours, you’ll have your very own portable ice pops. Amazing, right? Here’s our Zipzicle how-to and some spiked popsicle recipes to try!
8. Stainless Steel Spoon Straws: ($14): From thick milkshakes to melty floats, this ice cream tool can really come in handy. The stainless steel finish and little grip on the handle make it an ice cream essential.
10. Ice Cream Parlor Blending Stone ($80): Get amazing slab-blended ice cream at home with this one-of-a-kind stone. A few hours in the freezer turns your countertop into an old fashioned ice cream parlor!
11. Dessert Frozen Recipes App (Free): Don’t tackle your next sundae without checking out this recipe app. It’s totally free, and you can browse for crazy ingredient combinations like fruit tofu and chocolate almond butter.
12. Lightsaber Popsicle Mold ($35): Embrace your inner Princess Leia with these stellar popsicle molds. If you can somehow refrain from turning into a kid and playing with the lightsaber, you might be able to enjoy a delicious dessert!
13. Ice Cream Slider Maker ($4): Ice cream sandwiches are overrated. This guy lets you make trendy ice cream sliders, and the best part is that the great design lets you do it all without ever getting your hands sticky.
14. Serve + Sprinkle Scoop ($5): If you want to scoop your ice cream and never be more than an arm’s reach away from your sprinkles, this is the gadget for you.
What’s the ice cream gadget you can’t live without? We’d love to hear about it in the comments below!