12 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do With Your Kitchen Bullet
When people think about their kitchen bullet, they usually associate it with making smoothies. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with that — hello, apple pie smoothie — there is so much more you can do with this tiny kitchen tool. Whether you’re rushing out the door, need a quick snack or just want to save some money, this little guy is ready to be your new BFF. Scroll through to see 12 creative ways your kitchen bullet can make your life better.
1. Salad Dressing: If you want a healthy alternative to store-bought salad dressing, just use the items that are already in your kitchen. You can easily blend all the ingredients for a quick, healthy dressing. (via CaliZona)
2. Margaritas: It’s five o’clock somewhere. Blend the ice, tequila, margarita mix and whatever fruit you’ve got on hand. Having real fruit in your drink makes it healthy, right? We think so. Give this recipe a try for a spin on the traditional margarita. (via Dessert for Two)
3. Coffee Beans: Coffee is our best friend in the morning, but not all of us are lucky enough to have a coffee grinder in our kitchen arsenal. Enter the kitchen bullet: You can grind the beans with the milling blade and customize the texture based on your coffee method. If you’re using a traditional coffee brewer, grind the beans until they reach a fine-course grind. If you’re using a pour over like a chemex, grind the beans to a medium-course grind.
4. Almond Butter: You can’t go wrong with almond butter; it’s delicious on everything. With the milling blade, you can easily blend the nuts until they reach a smooth consistency. To keep things natural, just add some honey for a little sweetness. (via Naturally Ella)
5. Chocolate Cake: So it’s late at night and you’re craving a chocolate fix, but you don’t want the hassle of cleaning up a ton of dishes. We hear you. Use the mini blender to easily whip up a few ingredients and then bake it in the oven for a delicious chocolate cake for one. (via Magic Bullet Blog)
6. Homemade Face/Hair Mask: You can use your bullet to create home-beauty remedies too. Whether it’s an avocado hair mask or a coffee face mask, you’ll be whipping up beauty treatments in seconds. (via Giadani)
8. Nutella: While Nutella is a staple in every household, it doesn’t have the healthiest ingredients (as much as we hate to admit it). Try making your own at home with roasted hazelnuts. (via Carey Nershi/Food52)
9. Homemade Ice Cream: No matter what the season, ice cream is a staple. Make your batch healthier than ever by blending frozen bananas until the consistency is smooth. For extra flavor, add peanut butter or honey, along with your favorite toppings. Did someone say Nutella? (via The Kitchn)
10. Powdered Sugar: Don’t fret if you need powdered sugar, but all you have is granulated sugar. Just blend it for a few seconds until it starts turning into a powder. Now, make some beignets and shake what your mama gave ya! (via Half Baked Harvest)
11. Homemade Tea: The best teas use the freshest ingredients. Now you can create tasty tea blends with your own ingredients. After blending, just place them in your tea infuser and get brewing. (via Megan Scott/Food52)
Know any cool tricks you can do with your kitchen bullet? Tell us in the comments below!
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.