12 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do With Your Kitchen Bullet
When people think about their kitchen bullet, they usually associate it with making smoothies. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with that — hello, apple pie smoothie — there is so much more you can do with this tiny kitchen tool. Whether you’re rushing out the door, need a quick snack or just want to save some money, this little guy is ready to be your new BFF. Scroll through to see 12 creative ways your kitchen bullet can make your life better.
1. Salad Dressing: If you want a healthy alternative to store-bought salad dressing, just use the items that are already in your kitchen. You can easily blend all the ingredients for a quick, healthy dressing. (via CaliZona)
2. Margaritas: It’s five o’clock somewhere. Blend the ice, tequila, margarita mix and whatever fruit you’ve got on hand. Having real fruit in your drink makes it healthy, right? We think so. Give this recipe a try for a spin on the traditional margarita. (via Dessert for Two)
3. Coffee Beans: Coffee is our best friend in the morning, but not all of us are lucky enough to have a coffee grinder in our kitchen arsenal. Enter the kitchen bullet: You can grind the beans with the milling blade and customize the texture based on your coffee method. If you’re using a traditional coffee brewer, grind the beans until they reach a fine-course grind. If you’re using a pour over like a chemex, grind the beans to a medium-course grind.
4. Almond Butter: You can’t go wrong with almond butter; it’s delicious on everything. With the milling blade, you can easily blend the nuts until they reach a smooth consistency. To keep things natural, just add some honey for a little sweetness. (via Naturally Ella)
5. Chocolate Cake: So it’s late at night and you’re craving a chocolate fix, but you don’t want the hassle of cleaning up a ton of dishes. We hear you. Use the mini blender to easily whip up a few ingredients and then bake it in the oven for a delicious chocolate cake for one. (via Magic Bullet Blog)
6. Homemade Face/Hair Mask: You can use your bullet to create home-beauty remedies too. Whether it’s an avocado hair mask or a coffee face mask, you’ll be whipping up beauty treatments in seconds. (via Giadani)
8. Nutella: While Nutella is a staple in every household, it doesn’t have the healthiest ingredients (as much as we hate to admit it). Try making your own at home with roasted hazelnuts. (via Carey Nershi/Food52)
9. Homemade Ice Cream: No matter what the season, ice cream is a staple. Make your batch healthier than ever by blending frozen bananas until the consistency is smooth. For extra flavor, add peanut butter or honey, along with your favorite toppings. Did someone say Nutella? (via The Kitchn)
10. Powdered Sugar: Don’t fret if you need powdered sugar, but all you have is granulated sugar. Just blend it for a few seconds until it starts turning into a powder. Now, make some beignets and shake what your mama gave ya! (via Half Baked Harvest)
11. Homemade Tea: The best teas use the freshest ingredients. Now you can create tasty tea blends with your own ingredients. After blending, just place them in your tea infuser and get brewing. (via Megan Scott/Food52)
Know any cool tricks you can do with your kitchen bullet? Tell us in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.