12 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do With Your Kitchen Bullet
When people think about their kitchen bullet, they usually associate it with making smoothies. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with that — hello, apple pie smoothie — there is so much more you can do with this tiny kitchen tool. Whether you’re rushing out the door, need a quick snack or just want to save some money, this little guy is ready to be your new BFF. Scroll through to see 12 creative ways your kitchen bullet can make your life better.
1. Salad Dressing: If you want a healthy alternative to store-bought salad dressing, just use the items that are already in your kitchen. You can easily blend all the ingredients for a quick, healthy dressing. (via CaliZona)
2. Margaritas: It’s five o’clock somewhere. Blend the ice, tequila, margarita mix and whatever fruit you’ve got on hand. Having real fruit in your drink makes it healthy, right? We think so. Give this recipe a try for a spin on the traditional margarita. (via Dessert for Two)
3. Coffee Beans: Coffee is our best friend in the morning, but not all of us are lucky enough to have a coffee grinder in our kitchen arsenal. Enter the kitchen bullet: You can grind the beans with the milling blade and customize the texture based on your coffee method. If you’re using a traditional coffee brewer, grind the beans until they reach a fine-course grind. If you’re using a pour over like a chemex, grind the beans to a medium-course grind.
4. Almond Butter: You can’t go wrong with almond butter; it’s delicious on everything. With the milling blade, you can easily blend the nuts until they reach a smooth consistency. To keep things natural, just add some honey for a little sweetness. (via Naturally Ella)
5. Chocolate Cake: So it’s late at night and you’re craving a chocolate fix, but you don’t want the hassle of cleaning up a ton of dishes. We hear you. Use the mini blender to easily whip up a few ingredients and then bake it in the oven for a delicious chocolate cake for one. (via Magic Bullet Blog)
6. Homemade Face/Hair Mask: You can use your bullet to create home-beauty remedies too. Whether it’s an avocado hair mask or a coffee face mask, you’ll be whipping up beauty treatments in seconds. (via Giadani)
8. Nutella: While Nutella is a staple in every household, it doesn’t have the healthiest ingredients (as much as we hate to admit it). Try making your own at home with roasted hazelnuts. (via Carey Nershi/Food52)
9. Homemade Ice Cream: No matter what the season, ice cream is a staple. Make your batch healthier than ever by blending frozen bananas until the consistency is smooth. For extra flavor, add peanut butter or honey, along with your favorite toppings. Did someone say Nutella? (via The Kitchn)
10. Powdered Sugar: Don’t fret if you need powdered sugar, but all you have is granulated sugar. Just blend it for a few seconds until it starts turning into a powder. Now, make some beignets and shake what your mama gave ya! (via Half Baked Harvest)
11. Homemade Tea: The best teas use the freshest ingredients. Now you can create tasty tea blends with your own ingredients. After blending, just place them in your tea infuser and get brewing. (via Megan Scott/Food52)
Know any cool tricks you can do with your kitchen bullet? Tell us in the comments below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!