Happy Hump Day, all! We’re halfway through the week — at least, we will be by day’s end. Phew! This morning is buzzing with Oscars memes and adorable animals, so get ready for some cuteness overload to last you through the day.
1. Leo at the Oscars is truly the gift that keeps giving. After the star’s first Oscar win on Sunday night, people rightfully freaked out. The statue had been a long time coming for Leo, of course, and while he reportedly played it cool after the win, he could do no such thing when the Girl Scout cookies Chris Rock was hocking came across his lap.
The child-like, tongue-sticking-out excitement proved a goldmine for the Internet, which has Photoshopped the candid moment into countless memes. Some of our favorites include him writing as a schoolchild or eating a bear liver. LOL! (h/t Imgur)
2. Tina Fey has some major *fire emoji* for Hollywood. In a recent interview with Town & Country, Tina Fey is speaking her mind about the ongoing inequality between men and women in Hollywood — namely, that “the boys are still getting more money for a lot of garbage, while the ladies are hustling and doing amazing work for less.” Ricky Gervais joked at the Golden Globes this year about getting paid as much for his gig as Tina and Amy Poehler were paid combined, and apparently, it struck a nerve. Tina tells T&C, “I immediately texted my agent: ‘That’s not true, right?'” (It wasn’t. Thank GAWD.)
3. The world’s oldest living cat has a better Instagram than all of us. Come on, there’s no way that an adorable animal having a better social media presence than you is at all surprising. But Corduroy, the Guinness World Records’ Oldest Living Cat, seems so chill, so regal and so content just hanging around the house, getting his chin scratched. Corduroy was born on August 1, 1989, and is suchagoodboy, yes he is. Check out your new favorite follow here.
4. This woman surprised her husband with a pregnancy announcement by their flight’s pilot. “Although you didn’t strike it rich here in Las Vegas, you did hit the jackpot. Congratulations, you’re about to be a dad.” This, tucked at the end of a pilot’s typical pre-flight spiel, is how Eric Sadiwnyk found out his wife was going to have a baby. “There aren’t enough Thank You’s for the crew of American Airlines Flight 607 with service from Las Vegas to Philadelphia,” Lisa Sadiwnyk said in her Facebook post, where you can also watch the video, which she’s hoping will go viral. “You all helped me to pull this off seamlessly!” (h/t People)
5. These 17 sheepdog puppies will get you through Hump Day. EEEE! Stella, a 3-year-old Maremma Sheepdog who tends to the sheep and chickens at a Napa farm (!!!), has broken the record for having the largest litter of puppies in California. Her owners, John and Gaby Costanzo, were shocked at the delivery, and say that — sorry, everyone — all of the wee pups are spoken for. “Some of these guys are already going to farms around California, and we’re just waiting to go through the rest of the interview process to put all 17 of them in different farms.” At least we have the video. (via CBS San Francisco)
6. Quote of the Day: “My darling granddaughter, I’ve never been more proud of you than I am today.” — Lady Gaga’s grandmother calling her the day after the Oscars, after she’d learned her granddaughter was a sexual assault survivor from the performance.
(Featured image via Frazer Harrison/Getty)