17 Fruit-Infused Waters to Replace Your Daily Soda Habit
For many of us, 2016 was a doozy, but we here at Brit + Co are ready to hit refresh in 2017! Follow our Hit Refresh series through January for new ideas, hacks and skills that will help you achieve (and maintain!) those New Year’s resolutions.
If you resolve to change one thing with your diet this year, it should be to eliminate the constant flow of soda from your routine. If guzzling water has proven to be difficult for you in the past, you’ll be happy to know that there are plenty of ways to enhance its appeal. Flavored water is nothing new, but when you make it at home with fresh fruits and herbs, you’ll enhance the health benefits and save some moolah. Healthy, cheap recipes are always welcome, right? Take a look at these 17 fruit-infused water recipes that’ll keep you hydrated and satisfied all day long.
1. Autumn Infused Water: Adding a cinnamon stick to your water adds a subtle spice that makes it utterly addicting. Throw in an apple, pear and plum and you’ll get a sweet surprise with every sip. (via Self Proclaimed Foodie)
2. Blackberry Lemon Infused Water: Imagine you’re laying by the pool with a good book and a sexy pool boy at your side. This zesty water is probably close by, just waiting to cool you off. For extra chill, try using frozen blackberries instead of fresh. (via Tried and Tasty)
3. Cranberry Mint Water: Instead of sitting out bottled water at your next party, opt for serving it in a punch bowl with seasonal fruit and herbs. Cranberries and mint are a great combo for the holiday season… but you don’t have to wait for it to come around again before trying this one. (via Oh So Delicioso)
4. Blackberry and Sage Water: If you’re more likely to drink water when it looks attractive, reach for blackberries to give it a purple tint. Pair with sage to add an indirect earthiness that perfectly enhances the berry flavor. (via Evermine)
5. Grapefruit and Rosemary Infused Water: The level of flavor you get from your water depends on how long you let it sit. Drink it right away for a light taste or allow this one to chill overnight for a strong grapefruit and rosemary essence. (via Wholefully)
6. Cucumber Herb Infused Water: If you want to feel like you’re at the spa during your hectic workday, cucumber water is the way to go. Add lemon and various herbs for an even greater zen-like experience. (via A Couple Cooks)
7. Strawberry, Lime and Mint Infused Water: Infused water is a great way to use up fruit that’s on its last leg. If you went a little crazy on the bargain strawberries, slice them up and throw them in a water pitcher with fresh mint and lime. (via Wholefully)
8. Blueberry Mint Lime Water: You definitely won’t view drinking water as a chore when it’s speckled with plump blueberries. Good luck trying not to dive in and snack on all the goodies. (via Smarty Had a Party Blog)
9. Cucumber Grape Water: It’s time to step away from sugar-laden grape soda and use real grapes to get your fix. Pile together with raspberries and cucumber to boost the nutritional benefits to new levels. (via Bembu)
11. Pineapple Kiwi and Passion Fruit Flavored Water: Some flavored waters are lighter in taste, but this pineapple, kiwi and passion fruit recipe is *packed* with flavor. One sip and you’ll be instantly transported to a warm Hawaiian beach. (via Simply Delicious)
12. Ginger, Lemon and Pomegranate Detox: Detox may be a scary term, but you don’t have to be intimidated. Supplementing your healthy diet with waters like this ginger, lemon and pomegranate version helps to purify the body and aid in the digestion of the rest of your daily intake. (via Amazingly Tasty)
13. Raspberry Lime Infused Water: You can find plenty of raspberry-lime flavored options at the grocery store, most of which are pumped with artificial colors and flavors. Go the most natural route and reap all of the benefits by making your own with fresh and organic fruits. (via Simply J and K)
14. Rose, Lemon and Strawberry Infused Water: Whether you’re hosting a bridal brunch or spring fling, this impressive fruity rose water is an elegant beverage choice. Try adding a splash of St. Germain if you’re feeling a little frisky. (via Wallflower Kitchen)
15. Berry Fruit Infused Water: Kids are always begging for those convenient sweet fruit drinks. Instead of encouraging their sugar rush, tempt them with this all-natural version that they can even help you prepare. (via Eats Amazing)
16. Watermelon Basil Infused Water: Watermelon and basil are a spring and summer dream team. Stir them into a carafe of chilled water and pack along for the perfect afternoon picnic in the park. (via Belle of the Kitchen)
17. Blueberry Orange Water: Start your day with a tall glass of this blueberry orange water, and your morning OJ habit will become a thing of the past. What better way to use up that crate of mandarin oranges you just *had* to have? (via The Peach Kitchen)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy ways to refresh!
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.