This 5-Minute Hair Trend Is Perfect for Your Inner #Lazygirl
As the colder season transitions to rainstorms and warmer temps, your five-minute down-but-styled look might need to take a backseat. With humidity, comes frizz — and it’ll be coming at you daily. Instead of putting your hair up in a messy top knot and calling it a day, embrace the extra texture humid conditions bring, and pull you hair into a low, teased ponytail. It’ll look chic and take no time at all. Say goodbye to your easy winter updos, and see how these 10 Instababes styled their low ponies to help transition into spring.
1. Back-Combed Twist: Get messy with your tresses by teasing your hair from root to tip and wrapping it in a low, twisted pony. Add a bit of hairspray to keep those strands in place for a slightly tamer I-just-woke-up-like-this look. (via @bumbleandbumble)
2. Girl Next Door: Karen’s look is the epitome of sweet summer vibes, all tied up in a bow. Her honey-colored ombré locks add depth, while the bow is the cherry on top of an already girly outfit. (via @karen.lao)
3. Braided Mohawk: Be the center of attention by creating a sophisticated — yet edgy — braided mohawk pony. Tease the ends and add a bit of spray for an overall cool-girl feel. (via @thebeautydept)
4. Deep Side Pony: Olivia knows how to rock an all-black ensemble like a gothic princess. Keep the rest of your look low-key with a deep side part and cool AF sunnies. (via @lusttforlife)
5. Double Wrapped: Keep your look subtle and sweet with a low wrapped ponytail. Pair with an equally romantic frock for a much-needed date-night rendezvous. (via @wideeyedlegless)
6. Princess Jasmine: Copy this low pony inspired by one of our favorite Disney princess ‘dos. This look is a must-wear under your fave wide-brim hat or beanie for an effortless, all-day style. (via @tresemme)
7. Put a Bow on It: Add intrigue to your ‘do with a pop-of-color headband. Accent the look with playful prints and girly heels to match. (via @splendid_rags)
8. Teased Buckle: Say goodbye to your boring old hair tie, and wear a metallic clasp for an elevated take on the trend. The hardware will tame your super-teased pony and add elegance to the overall look. (via @kristin_ess)
9. Poof Pony: This style really nails the high-impact pony. The key here is creating major volume before sweeping your tresses into a low pony and wrapping a strand around it. (via @chiaraferragni)
10. Tomboy Chic: This NY blogger is rocking a low-maintence getup with a loose low pony and side-swept bangs. Add stellar accessories and your fave carryall, and you’re good to go. (via @weworewhat)
Will you be wearing a low pony this season? Follow us on Pinterest for more hair-styling tips.