What to Make This Weekend: Marbled Cards, Painted Ornaments + More
Can we just not talk about the fact Christmas is only three weeks away? Instead of stressing out about all the gifts you need to buy, give yourself a creative break. Mix up a holiday mocktail, snack on something unhealthy and DIY something super festive. Whether you’re in the mood to make a wall tree, ornaments to put on that really perfect tree or a fashion accessory for your tree (well, at least the skirt), these 10 DIY projects are just the thing to put off the shopping madness.
1. No-Sew Pizza Skirt: Nope, it’s not takeout — it’s the coolest (and most delicious) tree skirt ever. Use colored felt or cotton for the base and add all your favorite toppings… at no extra cost. (via Brit + Co)
4. Fringe Wall Tree: Skip the tree this year and opt for a this small-space alternative instead. Throw on some pom pom garlands and maybe even a few of your very own DIY ornaments from this list. (via Brit + Co)
5. Marbled Paper: How are those Christmas cards going? Haven’t started yet? Don’t stress — marble instead. It’s super addictive, and you’ll have a stack of cards set to send before you know it. (via Brit + Co)
6. Free Printable Calendar: If you feel a little shiver of happiness when you get to go buy a new planner, you’ll love getting a head start on the calendar game with this pretty (and free!) printable. (via This Little Street)
7. No Sew Cotton Clutch: A color blocked clutch is the perfect way to add some color to your outfit. This one is the perfect size for all the essentials you’d need to survive an office holiday party. (via Brit + Co)
8. Zodiac Rhinestone Ornaments: Pull out the clay and make these sparkly zodiac ornaments for the superstars in your life. They’re also the perfect size for gift toppers if you want to add a personal touch to your wrapping. (via For the Makers)
9. Salon Wall Christmas Tree: Add a “tree” to your entry or hallway with this Christmas-inspired salon wall. Mix up all kinds of artwork, ornaments and a garland to get that tree shape. (via Brit + Co)
10. DIY Found Object Wreath: Get a totally unique and personalized wreath on your door this weekend. Gather up all kinds of bits and bobs — the more random the better — and simply spray with gold paint. (via Brit + Co)
What DIY decor pieces have you made for the holidays? We’d love to hear about your projects in the comments below!