‘Tis the season for love. At least, that’s what our packed calendars are showing us. If all this romance has you thinking about your own happily ever after, but you’re just not feeling that band, some ink might be more your style. Let these 16 simple yet bold statements of foreverness inspire your next date… at the tattoo shop.
1. Finger Hearts: Possibly the most basic matching tattoo would be a beautifully simple line drawing of a heart. If the two of you are feeling extra adventurous, forgo the ring finger for another favorite digit. (via @elora94adams)
2. Infinity Symbol: Nothing says forever better than a little infinity symbol. Tucked away on the side of your ring finger, it’s a great alternative to a band, but still subtle enough to share the spotlight with some bling. (via @inkstinctionshawn666)
4. Lightsabers: We’re totally loving the unique nerdy-ness of this tattoo. Not only is it a great idea for true Star Wars fans, but it’s also a clever example of how a shared hobby can make a great matching tat. (via @kayjaytay)
6. Watercolor Cranes: Pairing a watercolor inking technique with a whimsical paper crane outline (and topped with king and queen crowns), these tats are ideal for an artistic powerhouse couple. (via @tatuajes_mexico)
12. Minimalist Rings: Maybe the most obvious switch out for a metal ring is a straight-up inked ring on your ring finger. You could do an all-blank ink band, matching-colored ink band or just a simple line-art version. (via @itsjustcortney)
Would you ever get a matching tattoo with your main squeeze? Share your thoughts below.