Go Meatless With 16 Hearty Vegetarian Meal Ideas
Whether you’re giving up meat every Friday during Lent or just trying to start a new Meatless Monday tradition, veggie-packed meals are good for your health and the environment. Best of all, they’re super tasty too. Whip up one of these 16 warm, hearty dishes during the waning days of winter or early weeks of spring. From quinoa veggie burgers to sweet potato chili, there’s something here for every last vegetarian and carnivore among us.
1. Black Bean Sweet Potato Chili: Chilly March days mean there’s still time to put chili on the dinner table. Black beans, sweet potatoes, tomatoes and quinoa make for a filling base, while cumin, garlic and chipotle pepper add tons of delectable flavor. (via What’s Gaby Cooking)
3. Quinoa-Stuffed Bell Peppers: Craving chile rellenos? Red bell peppers stuffed with quinoa, black beans, corn and pepper jack cheese offer a healthier take on the Tex-Mex classic. (via Damn Delicious)
4. Gnocchi Mac and Cheese: Okay, so maybe mac and cheese isn’t all that healthy, but when it’s comfort food you’re seeking, nothing beats this gooey cheddar, Fontina and Parmesan creation. (via Gimme Some Oven)
6. Veggie Fajita Noodles: Zucchini “noodles” are healthier than pasta and fun to make using a spiralizer or julienne peeler. Just add bell peppers, onions and mushrooms to create a fabulous fajita-inspired meal. (via GI 365)
8. Moroccan Carrot Tarte Tatin: Much more creative than pizza, a puff pastry topped with carrots, feta, pomegranate molasses, pine nuts and mint is perfect for Meatless Monday or even your next dinner party. (via Cupcakes + Curries)
13. Quinoa, Mushroom + Zucchini Veggie Burgers: Yes, grilling season’s still a couple months away. Get your veggie-friendly burger fix right now by baking up these quick quinoa patties. (via Bowl of Delicious)
What are some of your favorite Meatless Monday meals? Start dishing below.