Morning Buzz! Blake Lively’s Epic Throwback Proves She Was Born for Her Latest Role + More
TGIF, y’all! From Blake Lively’s best pic ever to an empowering self-care message from Daisy Ridley, here are six of today’s top news items to check out!
1. Best. Throwback. Ever. In her upcoming killer shark movie The Shallows, Blake plays a surfer who risks venturing off into isolated waters, only to find herself stranded and surrounded by great white sharks. She shared a still from the film on Instagram, showing her clinging to rocks for safety as a fin circles (and a seagull stands by for kicks). “There’s only one thing more terrifying than this…” she wrote on it, before following it up with the EPIC shot you see above. “THIS,” she wrote about the snap of her as a child posing on a Little Mermaid backdrop — complete with seagull! In the #TBT snap, she’s again posing on rocks in the water, but we’ve gotta say, Ariel looks a little more friendly than those great whites!
2. This is TOO relatable! Chrissy Teigen tweeted a video of herself trying to get up to pee, but being TRAPPED by a sleeping John Legend, captioning it, “When you wanna pee at the house party.” Er, wait, what? Why was John conked out at the house party?! New dad syndrome, maybe? Either way, we hope the outcome of this video was a positive…
3. Daisy Ridley shared her struggles with endometriosis in an empowering new Instagram. She’s the latest in a line of celebs willing to open up about their health problems caused by endometriosis — Lena Dunham has been public about her struggles, which recently landed her in the hospital — and says that lately she doesn’t want to leave the house without makeup because of the terrible skin conditions it’s been causing her. “I hate wearing make up but I currently don’t want to leave the house without it on,” she says. “At 15 I was diagnosed with endometriosis. One laparoscopy, many consultations and 8 years down the line, pain was back and my skin was THE WORST. I’ve tried everything: products, antibiotics, more products, more antibiotics, and all that did was left my body in a bit of a mess. Finally found out I have polycycstic ovaries and that’s why it’s bad.” She goes on to say that with the help of doctors, she’s seeing progress, and encourages EVERYONE to listen to their bodies. “Keep on top of how your body is feeling and don’t worry about sounding like a hypochondriac. From your head to the tips of your toes we only have one body, let us all make sure ours are working in tip top condition, and take help if it’s needed.” Amen!
4. This woman trolling her Internet provider with cat pics is our hero. Look, none of us want to be *that person* who uses our customer service voice with customer service reps, but there’s just something about talking to cell phone/TV/internet/etc. providers that brings it out of us! But an Australian woman took an entirely different approach and tried to kill them with kindness — and her cat. “Hi Telstra! I know people usually complain when their broadband was supposed to be connected 5 days ago, and they have made five futile phone calls to you, but I’d like to see the positive side and thank you for giving me a night off from working on my small business,” she wrote on their Facebook page, posting a pic of her cat, who she says she was playing cards with. She continued to write them updates about her internet not being installed, always including pictures with her cat, until finally, she got word it would be resolved. We’re gonna try this next time! (h/t Mashable)
5. Obama owned his Fallon appearance in so many ways. Slow jamming the news? Check. Saying he’ll be wearing sunglasses to hide his tears at his daughter’s high school graduation? Check. Telling Fallon, “No, but I have been watching my new favorite show, Orange Is Not the New Black,” when asked if he’s been watching the Trump election coverage? CHECK. And INFINITE FIRE EMOJIS!
6. Quote of the day: “Delete your account.” Hillary Clinton.
(Featured image by Neilson Barnard/Getty)