It’s the event all coffee lovers dream about — #NationalCoffeeDay! All day long (and through the weekend, thanks to Krispy Kreme), java fiends the world over can celebrate with freebies of their favorite caffeinated beverage.
While Starbucks isn’t participating, promoting a “#CoffeeLoveCups celebration” instead, there are plenty of *other* places for you to get your coffee fix, completely free of charge. Check ‘em out below!
1. Cinnabon: Simply stop by to pick up a free 12-ounce coffee today, no strings attached.
2. Dunkin’ Donuts: While you’ll have to spend a bit to get your free coffee here, you can double up on your caffeine dose with a free hot medium coffee for every medium, large, or extra-large hot brew you buy. Plus, 14 percent of your purchase will go to the American Red Cross to help fund disaster relief.
3. Tim Horton’s: American patrons of the Canadian coffee chain will have their choice of a free original blend, dark roast, decaf, or iced coffee with the mere download of the company’s app through October 8.
4. Krispy Kreme: Triple your pleasure this weekend with Krispy Kreme, who’s not only giving away premium blends today, but tomorrow and Sunday too!
5. Peet’s Coffee: Buy a bag of beans at 25 percent off to get your cup of joe on the house.
6. 7-Eleven: Sign up for the convenience store’s rewards app to get one free pass to all the java you can handle in any size cup through October 1.
7. Lyft: You don’t even have to hit a coffee shop to enjoy the spoils of #NationalCoffeeDay thanks to Lyft, who is offering customers in Austin, Dallas, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Portland, San Francisco, and Seattle a free High Brew coffee.
8. McDonald’s: Those without the app can get their regular McCafe purchase for just $2, while those who choose to download it will skip the charge on a medium size coffee drink.
9. Coffee Beanery: Our favorite mall coffee chain is *almost* free today, charging just $1 for any size brew.
10. Wawa: Wawa is helping you get your coffee fix with any size cup all day at no charge.
11. Sheetz: Forget plain old coffee: Sheetz is going above and beyond with free pumpkin pie lattes when you order through their app. Mmm!
12. Birch Coffee: In an interesting take on the day, Birch Coffee is allowing customers to “pay what they please,” which we suppose could technically be nothing?
13. Cumberland Farms: Text FREECOFFEE to 64827 to get free coffee, tea, iced coffee, cappuccino, or hot chocolate in any size at Cumberland Farms.
14. The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf: Grab a pastry of $2 or more to go with your 16-ounce beverage of free hot or iced coffee at participating locales.
What’s your favorite coffee chain? Tell us over @BritandCo.
(Photos via Getty)