A few weeks ago, we got a whole new way to snap with Snapchat Discover. If you haven’t heard, with this feature you can click on different entertainment and news sources and swipe through a new series of articles and videos on the daily. So far, you can swipe through feeds from the likes of National Geographic, CNN, Cosmopolitan, Food Network and Comedy Central.
If we may step on our soapbox for five seconds, we are totally loving a new way to get updates from some of our favorite sites, BUT some of the videos are the length of a sitcom which A) kills our phone battery and B) is not what we come to Snapchat to do. (Okay, stepping off the soapbox now.) But, that did get us thinking, who would we like to see added to Snapchat Discover next? These are the people/brands on the top of our list.
1. Ellen: We can see it now: Behind-the-scenes prank prep, dressing room interviews and better yet, all of the Ellen dancing that we don’t get to see during the commercial breaks. She already has EllenTube — why stop there?
3. NASA: First of all, if you’re not following NASA on Twitter and Instagram, get on it. There’s interesting stuff going on in space all the time, and the pics are out of this world… literally. Whether it’s comets blazing past our planet or astronauts at the space station, we’d love to get our daily dose of sci-non-fi from the space pros.
4. Airbnb: Some of the most epic Airbnbs are in the most overlooked places. We’d love to see a weekly issue exploring the ins and outs of small towns and the best Airbnbs in the area. Future vacays, here we come!
5. Anna Kendrick: If her Twitter feed proves anything, it’s that every thought that pops into this woman’s head is RT gold. We’d check in everyday just to hear her narrate them. Yes, seriously.
6. Animal Shelters: There’s already a Tinder-like app to help you pick a pup, so we think there should be some fun, furry videos of these shelter cuties on Snapchat. Could there be a more adorable way to promote #AdoptDontShop?
7. The Tonight Show: Before seeing the next epic lip sync battle, dance in Tight Pants or round of Catchphrase on screen, we’d love to see some behind-the-scenes game prep and all those bloopers that don’t make the final cut.
8. The Verge: A new gadget/app review every day of the week? Yes, please. Don’t worry, we’re not talking about the kind where you stab your iPhone with a knife — that’s probably something you should try and avoid.
9. This American Life: You already listen to the podcast every week, so why not get some visuals for the story to go along with it? Every Sunday morning, you could wake up and watch some clips of interviews before you listen.
10. Etsy: Studio tours! Artist bios! We’d love to see the working spaces and processes of some of our favorite artists and artisans behind those epic Etsy creations.
11. VSCO Cam: There are already some really amazing photographers using the VSCO Cam app to take photos, so we’d love to see what they could come up with in the video medium. Who knows, maybe we’ll find the next great cinematographer.
12. Netflix: They were one of the first streaming services to make original content, so what if they made a daily series with each episode being just a few minutes long? Great idea, huh? You’re welcome, Netflix.
13. Brit + Co: So you know we had to include ourselves, right? You could check out mini DIYs, meet the maker interviews and crash course how-tos from some of our fave makers. Hit us up, Snapchat.
Who would you like to see on Snapchat Discover? Let us know in the comments!