10 Easy Ways to Get Curly Hair Without Heat
We’re big fans of curly hair around here. It’s something that many wish for, but only some are lucky enough to have. If you don’t have those natural waves, then a curling iron is usually the answer. But heat styling your hair on a daily basis can be super harsh. So here are our favorite products and tutorials for getting those wonderful waves with NO heat!
1. Not Your Mother’s Kinky Moves Curl Defining Shampoo ($6): Start off with shampoo formulated for curly hair. The properties in it will keep your locks crimped all day!
2. Pantene Lightweight Conditioner ($5): Your shampoo and conditioner don’t always have to match. Sometimes conditioners can be way too heavy for curly haired girls, so using a lightweight conditioner ensures they won’t be weighed down.
3. Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray ($26): If you have wavy hair and you’re looking for full on I-just-stepped-off-the-beach hair, then try a surf spray. The sea salt enhances curls and makes for a great everyday look.
4. OGX Moroccan Curling Perfection Defining Cream ($8): Got dreamy beach waves but want something a little more va-va-voom curly? Use a curl defining cream to separate your waves without a curling iron.
5. Moroccanoil Curl Control Mousse ($26): Try using a curl control mousse to get the sought-after wavy look. Not only does this enhance your kinky tresses, but it also leaves your hair mega voluminous.
6. Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer ($24): If you need *extra* help in the spiral department, a curl enhancing cream should do the trick. Getting a cream specifically formulated for curls means it won’t weigh down your straight hair.
7. Easy No Heat Curls: Big, messy curls are a look that people often want when they’re feeling a little lazy. This tutorial shows you how to tie up your hair before you go to bed so you can hit the snooze button a few extra times and STILL wake up with perfect hair. How great does that sound?! (via Bldg 25 Blog)
8. No Heat Beach Waves: Instead of French braiding your hair to get a crimped look, try this method of splitting your hair into two sections and tightly twisting them. Sleep on it and wake up with breezy waves. (via Song of Style)
9. Heatless Headband Curls: In this tutorial, Carly shows how to wrap your hair around a headband and either sleep on it or let it air dry. When you take off the headband, you’re left with *amazing* spiral curls. Heck, you could even wear this while it’s wrapped up and it would be cute! (via Carly Cristman)
10. No Heat Waves: If none of these methods sound appealing to you, then try out this way to get kinky curls. Simply wrap up your hair and pin with clips. Once dry, add a touch of hairspray to finish off the look. (via Kouture Kiss)
What’s your favorite way to get curly hair? What’s your favorite curly hair product? Tell us in the comments below.