8 Podcasts That Are Just as Addictive as Serial 2
Now that Serial‘s into its second season and we’re all fully hitched onto the podcast bandwagon, it’s high time to explore the whole world of podcasts out there. And what better time than the holidays? Maybe you’re taking a long plane or train ride home. Maybe you’re doing some last-minute gift shopping and want to attempt to block out the crazed crowds. Or maybe you’ll have some time off and want to get into something awesome while you’re lounging around for a couple weeks.
1. Criminal: This one’s the obvious choice if you already love Serial. It’s described as “stories of people who’ve done wrong, been wronged or gotten caught somewhere in between.” Plus, it’s the passion project of two full-time radio journalists, so you know the quality is going to be top notch.
2. Women of the Hour: If you’re not already listening to Lena Dunham talk to the coolest of cool ladies about everything from bodies to love to #girlboss life, what are you even doing with your spare time?
3. Dear Sugar Radio: Who doesn’t love reading advice columns? This one’s an audio version of The Rumpus’s hugely popular one from a few years ago: Dear Sugar. Sit back, relax and let Cheryl Strayed and Steve Almond help you figure out life.
4. Call Your Girlfriend: “A podcast for long distance besties everywhere.” And that’s exactly what it is: Ann Friedman and Aminatou Sow call each other up once every two weeks and talk Hillary Clinton, #shinetheory and basically anything else that comes up in the news that you’ll want to hear two besties analyze. It’s amazing.
5. Welcome to Nightvale: This one’s a little different: It’s a fictional “newscast” set in a town where everything bad that could possibly happen happens. Conspiracy theories are true, aliens are real and people are generally scared. Okay, so it sounds terrifying, but it’s just the right amount of spooky mixed with dark humor that’ll get you seriously hooked.
6. The Read: “Throwing shade and spilling tea with a flippant and humorous attitude, no star is safe from Fury and Crissle unless their name is Beyoncé. (Or Blue Ivy.)” Enough said.
7. #Girlboss Radio: The original #girlboss herself, Sophia Amoruso of Nasty Gal fame hosts this interview series with other badass ladies doing cool things. Get ready to be seriously inspired — and addicted.
8. Grownups Read Things They Wrote As Kids: Remember (or maybe you don’t want to remember) the diary you kept when you were in middle school? Now, imagine reading pages out loud in front of a room full of people. Hilarious, endearing and nostalgic all wrapped into one super compelling podcast.
What’s your fave podcast right now? Tweet us about it @britandco!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.