8 Podcasts That Are Just as Addictive as Serial 2
Now that Serial‘s into its second season and we’re all fully hitched onto the podcast bandwagon, it’s high time to explore the whole world of podcasts out there. And what better time than the holidays? Maybe you’re taking a long plane or train ride home. Maybe you’re doing some last-minute gift shopping and want to attempt to block out the crazed crowds. Or maybe you’ll have some time off and want to get into something awesome while you’re lounging around for a couple weeks.
1. Criminal: This one’s the obvious choice if you already love Serial. It’s described as “stories of people who’ve done wrong, been wronged or gotten caught somewhere in between.” Plus, it’s the passion project of two full-time radio journalists, so you know the quality is going to be top notch.
2. Women of the Hour: If you’re not already listening to Lena Dunham talk to the coolest of cool ladies about everything from bodies to love to #girlboss life, what are you even doing with your spare time?
3. Dear Sugar Radio: Who doesn’t love reading advice columns? This one’s an audio version of The Rumpus’s hugely popular one from a few years ago: Dear Sugar. Sit back, relax and let Cheryl Strayed and Steve Almond help you figure out life.
4. Call Your Girlfriend: “A podcast for long distance besties everywhere.” And that’s exactly what it is: Ann Friedman and Aminatou Sow call each other up once every two weeks and talk Hillary Clinton, #shinetheory and basically anything else that comes up in the news that you’ll want to hear two besties analyze. It’s amazing.
5. Welcome to Nightvale: This one’s a little different: It’s a fictional “newscast” set in a town where everything bad that could possibly happen happens. Conspiracy theories are true, aliens are real and people are generally scared. Okay, so it sounds terrifying, but it’s just the right amount of spooky mixed with dark humor that’ll get you seriously hooked.
6. The Read: “Throwing shade and spilling tea with a flippant and humorous attitude, no star is safe from Fury and Crissle unless their name is Beyoncé. (Or Blue Ivy.)” Enough said.
7. #Girlboss Radio: The original #girlboss herself, Sophia Amoruso of Nasty Gal fame hosts this interview series with other badass ladies doing cool things. Get ready to be seriously inspired — and addicted.
8. Grownups Read Things They Wrote As Kids: Remember (or maybe you don’t want to remember) the diary you kept when you were in middle school? Now, imagine reading pages out loud in front of a room full of people. Hilarious, endearing and nostalgic all wrapped into one super compelling podcast.
What’s your fave podcast right now? Tweet us about it @britandco!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?