15 Ways to Keep Your Tech Dry at Every Pool Party
As much as we love lounging by the pool, we’re also pretty attached to our favorite tech items. Whether you’re working on creating the startup of your dreams during a mandatory family vacation or sneaking in a few work emails while you’re sipping margaritas, keeping your tech safe from the elements is important. Whatever your reason for whipping out your phone or laptop, we’re sharing a few useful tech gems that can make you just as happy as that new bikini.
1. UE MegaBoom Speaker ($299): This speaker is the answer to all your outdoor music woes. With 100ft Bluetooth wireless range, a 20-hour rechargeable battery and 360-degree sound, this bad boy will definitely be the life of the party. Oh, and did we mention it’s waterproof??
2. Watershot Splash iPhone Case ($110): Looking to take your underwater photography skills to the next level? Say hello to your new BFF. She’s waterproof up to a depth of 33 feet and equipped with an interchangeable lens port and a tripod mount for all your photog needs.
3. Waterproof Case for Polaroid Cube ($25): For more water sport adventure, pick up this case to protect your favorite cube. Before you know it, you’ll have an entire movie’s worth of all your beach adventures.
4. Waterproof iPod Shuffle With Short Cord Earphones ($155): If you are looking to do more swimming than lounging, this waterproof sound system is perfect to keep you groovin’ during all those laps.
5. Sunny Life Beach Radio ($48): Tunes at the pool are a must, and they’ll sound even sweeter coming out of this cute and retro water-resistant, iPod-compatible radio.
Why bother with a protective case when you can just have WaterFi waterproof your gadgets for you? That’s right. This service completely waterproofs and corrosion-proofs electronics on the inside.
7. Crazy Genie Kindle Case ($36): Imagine eReading by the pool or on the beach and not having to worry about water splashing or sand getting in all those nooks and crevices. You can make that dream a reality with this bright and beautiful Kindle Paperwhite case.
8. Solar Bank Powered Keychain ($15): Keys to your ride are always with you, and now, so is the ability to keep your tech charged with this adorable, compact and solar-powered keychain. This little darling keeps you connected with a USB input, USB output and a five-volt rechargeable lithium battery. It’s compatible with any iPhone 5/5s and iPhone 4.
9. Mophie Juice Pack H2Pro Case for iPhone ($130): Always worried about your phone running out of batteries at the beach? Mophie Juice Pack H2Pro is 100% waterproof and has an extra battery attached. With all that extra phone time, you can proceed to take beach and/or swimming selfies again.
10. Noise-Canceling Earphones ($250): We know, we know: You just need to get a little work done without distractions. These Bose earphones will plug you in and shut the world out, so you can get your work done as efficiently as possible.
11. GoPro Case ($50): Interested in capturing that epic wave or diving-board flop? GoPro is always the answer. This durable little case will protect your camera from water and the bumps and hazards that come along with all your fun adventures.
all work and no play. Go on and take those poolside selfies without fearing the deep clear waters below. The Sony Cyber-shot is waterproof, dustproof, shockproof AND freeze-proof.
13. Life Edge Waterproof iPad Case ($152): Be at ease while you’re using your iPad near water with this 100% waterproof case. It’s even got a built-in kickstand for convenient hands-free viewing.
14. Neoprene Waterproof Laptop Case ($27): We know it takes more than your laptop to keep things running. This case has external pockets to carry your mouse, Smartphone, chargers and whatever else you need to hold it down.
15. Cumulus Parasol ($509): Before you set up shop poolside, save yourself from the sun’s rays with this crazy-amazing solar-powered and cloud-shaped parasol that automatically inflates when the sun starts shining. If the sun makes way to rain, the parasol’s silicone coating even makes it waterproof.