19 On-the-Go Vegan Breakfast Recipes for When You’ve Hit Snooze Too Many Times
Vegan or not, everyone has their go-to vegan recipes when you’re eating healthy. But when you’re running late and have no time to make pancakes, you need to have plenty of grab-and-go vegan breakfast recipes in your arsenal. Whether you’re a donut fan or you prefer something savory like a breakfast sandwich, there’s something quick and delicious out there waiting for you. Make a pot of coffee and decide which of the following 19 recipes you’ll fix so you can get that extra five minutes of sleep tomorrow, while still enjoying a healthy vegan meal.
1. 10-Minute Cinnamon Raisin Brown Rice Breakfast Porridge: Brown rice isn’t just for savory meals. Use it to replace oats in your usual porridge, then top with pomegranate, almonds and coconut. (via An Edible Mosaic)
2. No-Bake Cookie Dough Energy Bites: Cookie dough for breakfast? Yes, please. Make a big batch of these energy bites over the weekend and have an emergency breakfast stash for the whole week. (via Apple of My Eye)
3. Breakfast Bowl: Just because you’re running late doesn’t mean you don’t have time to nourish your body. Load up a Tupperware container with loads of fruit, oatmeal and nut butter and you’re ready to go. (via Contentedness Cooking)
4. Sun Butter, Banana and Chia Seed Toast: No matter how late you are, you have time to slap some nut butter on a piece of toast. Worst case scenario, you can throw a banana in your purse and top the toast once you get to work. (via The Skinny Fork)
5. Chunky Monkey Quinoa Breakfast Cookies: Thankfully, you don’t need an excuse to eat these cookies for breakfast, because they’re actually good for you. Good luck making the batch last for a whole week. (via Simply Quinoa)
6. Vegan Chocolate Croissants: Obviously, you’re not going to be rolling out croissant dough at the crack of dawn. But with a little bit of prep work, you could be grabbing one of these babies faster than your coffee has time to brew. (via Heart of a Baker)
7. Vegan Pumpkin Oatmeal Streusel Bars: If you want to win the co-worker of the year award, bring a whole dish of these bars with you to work. Everyone else who’s hungry and running late will forever be thankful. (via Pumpkin and Peanut Butter)
8. Matcha Chia Pudding: Chances are, if you’re running late, it’s not your first time. Chia puddings are great for the chronically late because you mix them the night before and they’re ready to go in the morning. Be sure to add matcha powder for an instant energy boost. (via Emilie Eats)
9. Vegan Mexican Burritos: You may not want to spend your Saturday afternoon making breakfast burritos to freeze, but you’ll be very thankful when you have a stockpile for busy mornings. No drive-thru for you! (via The Vegan Eight)
10. Mini Vegan Frittatas: Tofu, almond milk and turmeric create the faux-egg base of these frittatas. Pair them with fruit and a green smoothie and you’re set until lunch. (via Dietitian Debbie Dishes)
12. Quick and Easy Avocado Toast: The only two ingredients you must have for this breakfast are (shockingly) avocado and toast. From there, you can get creative and top it with whatever else you have in the fridge. (via The Glowing Fridge)
13. Spicy Tofu Scramble: Sure, you actually have to do a couple minutes of cooking for this, but it’s so worth it. Leave the dishes for when you get home and you’re looking at a five-minute breakfast. (via Lazy Cat Kitchen)
14. Vegan Banana Bread With Walnuts: Turns out those brown bananas do come in handy. Smear your slice with peanut butter for a hearty breakfast Elvis would approve of. (via Where You Get Your Protein)
15. Vegan Breakfast Sandwich: Avocado, kale and almond butter may sound odd, but if you try it, it won’t disappoint. Think outside the box and you’ll be rewarded handsomely, in the form of your new favorite on-the-go breakfast. (via In It for the Long Run)
16. Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Donuts: You would never imagine that these indulgent-tasting donuts were made with kidney beans. Grab them on your way out the door and enjoy when you finally get to your desk. (via Vegan Heaven)
18. Vegan Toffee Apple Breakfast Muffins: Having toffee apple muffins around when you’re feeling rushed is better than a good hair day. Maybe throw an extra in your bag for an afternoon snack too. (via My Vibrant Kitchen)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy vegan recipe ideas!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)