Like most people in the universe, we love roses. Like, really love them. There’s just nothing like catching the subtle scent of rose while walking through a garden… or picking up a cupcake. And in honor of the thorny flower, we’re bringing you 16 rosewater desserts to try at your next garden soiree, afternoon tea party or any day of the week that needs some extra sweetness.
1. Dark Chocolate Chiffon Cake With Fluffy Rosewater Frosting: This dark chocolate chiffon cake is the perfect addition to any dessert table. The fluffy rosewater frosting is as light as air. (via Sweetapolita)
2. Raspberry + Rosewater Cheesecake: Adding a hint of rosewater puts a unique spin on the typical raspberry cheesecake. (via Design Sponge)
3. Blackberry Rosewater Ice Cream: Wherever you are, we hope it’s warm enough to eat ice cream outdoors. Not quite yet? Take the opportunity to make your own decadent blackberry rosewater ice cream for when the heat finally hits! (via Cafe Johnsonia)
4. Rosewater Almond Tea Cookies: These delicate little cookies are the perfect companion to a hot cup of tea. (via Baking Obsession)
5. Rosewater Panna Cotta: Adding a hint of rosewater is a gorgeous way to enhance this velvety panna cotta. (via Sips and Spoonfuls)
6. Rosewater Meringue With Pomegranate Syrup: You’ve never had meringue like this before! Sweet meringues have met their match with the tartness of pomegranate. (via Taste)
7. Chocolate + Roses Truffle Spoons: These delicious melt-in-your-mouth truffle spoons make for great gifts or party favors. (via A Spicy Perspective)
8. Rosewater Meringue Kisses: Precious rosewater meringue kisses come together with white chocolate and raspberry ganache. (via Baking Mad)
9. Rosewater + Almond Madeleines: Every baker worth their weight in butter needs to know how to make this little cookie. This classic madeleine recipe is a must. (via Fleur de Sel)
10. Rosewater Blondies: Blondies are often overlooked for their more popular cousin, brownies. Consider switching things up with these rosewater beauties. (via Encas)
11. Rosewater Truffles: These delightful truffles make a gorgeous addition to any candy box. (via Petit Chef)
12. Rosewater + Raspberry Macarons: Although baking macarons takes time and patience, this rosewater and raspberry variation is well worth the wait. (via Fancy Food Fancy)
13. Rosewater Cupcakes: Like you need another reason to bake cupcakes. The gold flakes and rose petals on these cupcakes make them extra special, so there are two. (via Mod Cloth)
14. Peach, Raspberry + Rosewater Cake: Raspberries and rosewater are a fantastic combination, and the addition of peach makes this cake positively perfect. (via Apollinas)
15. Honey Rosewater Cardamon Lollipops ($10): These pretty pink lollipops are sweet with an exotic flair.
16. Eggshell Shooters: And just when you thought rosewater was the sweetest little thing on the block, we went and sullied its innocent reputation by partnering it with a big shot of gin and putting it in an egg shell. Because why the shell not? (via Brit + Co.)
What is your favorite rosewater recipe? Share yours in the comments below.