Shepherd’s Hut Inspo for Your Fantasy She Shed
Blame it on Pinterest and Instagram, but we’ve got a major case of she shed envy these days. Who doesn’t secretly desire a little backyard hideaway for gardening, writing, crafting and working? The latest she shed trend is making it even easier to have one in your own backyard, no power tools or mad carpentry skills needed. Shepherd’s huts are pre-built and have wheels for easy transportation. Just roll it on up the drive and through the gate, and voila! Your she shed dreams are about to come true.
1. At Home Away from Home: Picture yourself now, sitting outside your shepherd’s hut, complete with colorful bunting and cozy outdoor armchair. You can tuck this shed on wheels away at the bottom of your garden. It will be your secret place to spend a lazy afternoon. (via Laura Butler-Madden)
2. Glamping in Your Own Backyard: A bunting-draped shepherd’s hut sits amidst the trees, lunch bubbles away over an open fire and an ice cold G+T sits cupped in the palm of your hand. You’ve found your happy place. (via Jonathan Buckley/Home Shopping Spy)
4. Far from the Madding Crowd: This caravan is a reproduction of one found near writer Thomas Hardy’s cottage in Dorset. Originally used by shepherds as mobile shelters, the Victorians later turned them into artists’ studios or whimsical retreats. (via Seafield View)
5. Minimalist Caravan: Whether you use this for creative space or a nap station, it will make all your downtime peaceful. Style as a homey retreat or a more minimalist space for your individual style. (via The Chromologist)
7. 5-Star Glamping: Wondering if a hut’s for you? Try one on for size. You can stay in this shepherd’s hut that sits in a peaceful wildflower meadow, or just your backyard. A double bed, plump mattress and pillows and wood-burning stove make the stay more than just comfortable. (via The Old Grainary)
8. All-Seasons Retreat: More Swiss chalet than garden shed, some shepherd’s huts come complete with tiny fitted kitchens and wood-burning stoves. The view from those romantic French doors is just as inviting in winter. Are you typing away at your novel yet? (via House to Home)
9. Cabin on Wheels With Ocean Views: This caravan is quaint, with its curved roof, small door overhang and board and batten siding. But inside you’ll find a queen-sized bed, cozy couch and wood-burning stove. Enjoy watching the sun rise and set, while feeling like you’re the only two people on the planet. (via Tiny House Talk)
Are you drooling over these She Sheds? Follow us on Pinterest.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.