What to Make This Weekend: Shibori Napkins, Zodiac Piñatas + More
So you survived Valentine’s Day, stocked up on discount chocolate and even got an extra day off this week to shop those Presidents’ Day sales. It’s been a good week and knowing that the next major holidays are St. Patrick’s day and Easter has us wanting to get a jump start on all projects bright and colorful. Between adorable storage options or a custom statement necklace, we’re more than ready for the seasonal shift. Scroll down to check out 11 projects to tackle this weekend and then just try to decide which one to tackle first.
1. DIY Iris Apfel Necklace: Fashion week and all those fashion icons really inspired us to step up our statement necklace game. Break out the spring colors and the bold bling with this Iris Apfel-inspired DIY necklace. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Zodiac Piñata: If you’re planning a creative way baby reveal, look no further than these astrological piñatas based off the baby’s birth month. You can fill it with candy and let the parents beat out the surprise. These cuties are also perfect for a birthday party, themed party or any special event. (via The House That Lars Built)
3. DIY Shibori Tie Dye Napkins: Blue and white are trending in a big way this spring, so what better way to refresh your kitchen and dining area than with these DIY dyed napkins? They’re the perfect accent for all the springtime entertaining brunches and lunches heading our way. (via A Beautiful Mess)
4. DIY Baked Grapefruit: Put a healthy spin on breakfast by taking your old grapefruit slices to the next level. Sprinkle each slice with honey and cinnamon and get ready to be totally addicted. (via Brit + Co)
5. DIY Label Fridge Magnets: Calling all you list lovers and to-do obsessed – this is the DIY you’ve been waiting for. Hang up your lists with DIY retro label maker magnets and bask in total organization bliss. (via Burkatron)
6. DIY Copper Ladder: Just because they’re called “throw” blankets doesn’t mean they don’t deserve a little VIP treatment every once in a while. Put this fab DIY copper ladder together in a few minutes and you’ll have that messy, off-the-couch look in no time. (via A Beautiful Mess)
7. DIY Storage Vanity Tray: Vanities are definitely one of those places that just seem to be clutter magnets. Show your makeup who’s boss with a DIY vanity tray doubling as a secret storage compartment made out of a hexagon cake tray. Brilliant. (via Sugar and Cloth)
8. DIY Canvas Shelf: Take that blank canvas and turn it round, right round. With a few extra pieces of wood, you can make a totally cool and minimal little hanging shelf for your favorite knick knacks. (via The Merrythought)
9. DIY Kate Spade Vase Knockoff: Would you believe that the original vase costs $75 and that you can get the same look for around $4? Pick up a vase at the dollar store and deck it out in gold polka dots and get your Kate Spade on. (via Vintage Romance Style)
10. DIY Lucite Towel Bar: Let’s hear it for the renters who have to deal with the ugliest fixtures known to man. Don’t put up with that hideous bar another day. Give your bathroom a mini makeover with a gold and lucite towel rack that can totally come with you when you move. (via A Beautiful Mess)
11. DIY Wedding Guest Book: Put your brush calligraphy skills to work (have you checked out our Brush Calligraphy Class yet?) and personalize your wedding guest book in a few easy steps. Oh, and don’t forget that gold foil! (via Brit + Co)
What awesome things are you making this weekend? Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram and using the hashtag #iamcreative!