15 Indulgent Fixes for Your Afternoon Snack Attack
We all know the feeling — that unexpected hankering for something savory or sweet followed by an inability to focus until we get our fix. We at Brit HQ can relate; chances are you’ll find many of us hovering around the snack shelf around 3:00 PM every day. When snack attack strikes, sometimes you just have to reach for the treat that will truly satisfy your cravings. Read on for a roundup of our favorite indulgent fixes, all from the B+C Shop.
1. Potato Chip Chocolate Bars – Set of 3 ($15): We’ve been crazy about this food pairing for ages, so we’re pretty stoked it now comes in chocolate bar form.
3. Macaron Variety Set ($30): Just looking at these beauties makes our mouths water.
4. Crumble Mumble Toffee ($12): This toffee-nut combo is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
5. Firecracker Bar – Set of 3 ($15): Chocolate, chipotle and…. popping candy?! This chocolate bar is like Pop Rocks’s mature, gourmet, delicious older brother.
6. Artisan S’Mores Kit ($19): We’re all about bringing the s’mores indoors. Pop this trio in the toaster oven for a way tasty afternoon treat.
7. Beer & Pretzel Boxed Caramels ($9): A little salty, a little sweet, a lot delicious.
8. Homemade Ginger Snaps ($15): What’s more nostalgic than a homemade ginger snap? Pair these delightful cookies with a glass of milk for a satisfying snack.
11. Salted P-Nutty Caramels ($5): This author can personally vouch for the deliciousness of Kika’s Treats. They’re little bites of p-nutty heaven.
12. Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Boxed Caramels ($8): Don’t even try to resist these chocolate-covered caramels. You deserve this.
13. Rye Whiskey Caramel Sauce ($23): Picture this — french vanilla ice cream drenched in rye whiskey caramel sauce, topped off with chopped nuts. NOM.
14. Burrata + Moscarpone Kit ($25): For all you fancy foodies out there — elevate your snack game with this mascarpone and burrata kit. (Pssst — you can learn how to make burrata with the help of our tutorial, too!)
15. Bacon Six Ways ($59): When in doubt, the answer is probably bacon. This kit will ensure you can incorporate it into every meal, *especially* snack time.
What indulgent treat do you reach for when the snack attacks come on? Share with us in the comments below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!