15 Indulgent Fixes for Your Afternoon Snack Attack
We all know the feeling — that unexpected hankering for something savory or sweet followed by an inability to focus until we get our fix. We at Brit HQ can relate; chances are you’ll find many of us hovering around the snack shelf around 3:00 PM every day. When snack attack strikes, sometimes you just have to reach for the treat that will truly satisfy your cravings. Read on for a roundup of our favorite indulgent fixes, all from the B+C Shop.
1. Potato Chip Chocolate Bars – Set of 3 ($15): We’ve been crazy about this food pairing for ages, so we’re pretty stoked it now comes in chocolate bar form.
3. Macaron Variety Set ($30): Just looking at these beauties makes our mouths water.
4. Crumble Mumble Toffee ($12): This toffee-nut combo is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
5. Firecracker Bar – Set of 3 ($15): Chocolate, chipotle and…. popping candy?! This chocolate bar is like Pop Rocks’s mature, gourmet, delicious older brother.
6. Artisan S’Mores Kit ($19): We’re all about bringing the s’mores indoors. Pop this trio in the toaster oven for a way tasty afternoon treat.
7. Beer & Pretzel Boxed Caramels ($9): A little salty, a little sweet, a lot delicious.
8. Homemade Ginger Snaps ($15): What’s more nostalgic than a homemade ginger snap? Pair these delightful cookies with a glass of milk for a satisfying snack.
11. Salted P-Nutty Caramels ($5): This author can personally vouch for the deliciousness of Kika’s Treats. They’re little bites of p-nutty heaven.
12. Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Boxed Caramels ($8): Don’t even try to resist these chocolate-covered caramels. You deserve this.
13. Rye Whiskey Caramel Sauce ($23): Picture this — french vanilla ice cream drenched in rye whiskey caramel sauce, topped off with chopped nuts. NOM.
14. Burrata + Moscarpone Kit ($25): For all you fancy foodies out there — elevate your snack game with this mascarpone and burrata kit. (Pssst — you can learn how to make burrata with the help of our tutorial, too!)
15. Bacon Six Ways ($59): When in doubt, the answer is probably bacon. This kit will ensure you can incorporate it into every meal, *especially* snack time.
What indulgent treat do you reach for when the snack attacks come on? Share with us in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.