What to Make This Weekend: Ping Pong Lights, Snow Ice Cream + More
Over here in San Francisco it’s going to be a tame 50 degrees this weekend, but if you’re on the opposite side of the country, chances are you’re battling some pretty brutal temperatures. We’re guessing you’ve probably had your fun snow shoeing and sledding by now. So we say stay indoors this weekend and have a good old-fashioned crafternoon (or two). From some Oscar munchies to made-over kids’ toys, here are 9 projects to help you forget all about the 10 feet of snow in your front yard.
1. Gold Alphabet Magnets: Think you outgrew those colorful alphabet magnets? Think again. Give the kids’ toy an adult makeover simply by spray painting them gold. Hello, silly (and probably sometimes inappropriate) fridge messages. (via Inspired by Charm)
2. Confetti Wall: If you’re in a white-walled rental, we’re guessing you’ve toyed with the idea of painting more than a few times. But is it worth it? For a less permanent but equally refreshing solution, spruce up a wall (big or small) with these confetti decals made of washi tape. (via Treasure and Travels)
4. Ping Pong Lights: Whoa. This hack may have just changed our lives. Well, okay, maybe just our home decor. Pull out a strand of LED lights (that’s important if you don’t want to deal with a bunch of melted plastic) and create small slits in the ping pong balls. Want colored lights? Simply switch a plain white strand of LEDs with a multicolored one. (via Woods of Bell Trees)
5. Snow Ice Cream: If your front yard is covered in the stuff, you might as well enjoy it somehow. Step outside (or maybe just open a window) to grab a few scoops of snow. Then mix it with a few other cupboard staples to create this super easy treat. (via Fake Ginger)
6. Wooden Clock: It is wall art? Is it a clock? Or is it both? Definitely both. If you thought making a clock was super complicated, you’re sorely mistaken. Grab a clock movement and some paint and get crafting. Don’t feel like sourcing all these materials yourself? Save this project for next weekend and buy our kit that has all the supplies needed to create this gorgeous clock. (via Brit + Co)
7. Copper Hat Rack: If your local hardware store isn’t sold out of rope (50 Shades of Grey, we’re looking at you), grab some pipe, clothes pins and twisted rope to create this minimal, yet super chic hat rack. Have some leftover copper? Use it to make a delicious cup of coffee! (via A Pair and a Spare)
9. Homemade Snack Mix: There are many delicious ingredients in this mix, but one that you absolutely cannot miss is the bacon fat popcorn. We repeat: bacon fat popcorn. Chow down on this mix while you watch all the Hollywood stars gripe about the juice cleanse they just finished so they could squeeze into their Oscar dress. No shame. (via How Sweet Eats)
What DIY plans do you have this weekend? Share with us in the comments below!