So Valentine’s Day has come and gone, and whether you spent it over a fancy candlelit dinner or a cozy game night in, you might be feeling all tapped out in the romance department. While V-Day might make you feel like every date night has to include big, romantic gestures, at the end of the day, we know you just want to spend time with your boo. Throw out your expectation, and get ready to be creativeand budget-friendly with your date-night plans. Yes, it’s possible, and we’ve got 12 cheap, fantastic dates to prove it.
1. Go Bowling: Go retro and partake in a little bowlin’ action. With shoe rentals at just a couple dollars, you could definitely play for best two out of three with your SO. (via Luv and I Do)
2. Indoor Picnic: Light some candles and throw a few pillows and blankets on the floor, and suddenly you’re ready for a romantic picnic indoors. Frozen pizza is definitely an acceptable fare. (via Mikaela Ruth)
3. Ice Cream Sundaes: Run to the store and grab your favorite sundae ingredients to make an epic dessert for your sweetie. You absolutely must feed them to each other. (via Creme de la Crumb)
4. TV Marathon: Make time to hang with all your beloved television characters. You can snuggle up together in your PJs and watch your favorite series all night long. (via HBO)
5. Fight It Out: Brandish your water guns or nerf guns and be prepared for the fight of the century. Don’t worry, it’s the good kind of fight that ends in giggling and kissing. (via Spencer Combs)
6. Paint: You don’t have to be a Monet to create art. Attempt to paint each other’s portraits or a favorite memory you have together. (via Zoom Walls)
7. Video Games: It’s okay to be nerdy on Valentine’s Day. Let out your competitive side in some Super Mario Bros or Halo. Loser cooks dinner. (via Video Junction)
8. Slow Dance Party: Love is dancing slow in the kitchen, so why not make a date out of it? Sorry, Meghan Trainor. (via Conversation Art Studios)
9. Shelter Visit: Go give some love to the furry friends at your local shelter on the holiday of love. Maybe you’ll end up taking one home with you. (via Cutest Paw)
10. Go Camping: There probably aren’t many people who go camping when it’s chilly out, so take up the opportunity to get out under the stars and snuggle by the campfire. (via Dixie Pixel)
11. Massage Time: YouTube is full of how-to massage videos, so watch up and break out your essential oils for a home massage that your boo will talk about for weeks. (via Design*Sponge)
12. Matinee Movie: Everybody knows that matinee movies are several dollars cheaper. So grab your keys and head to that flick you’ve both been wanting to see. (via The Yodsukars)
Do you have any cheap dates that you recommend? Tell us about them below!