Whether you’re heading to the beach, the mountains or a glamorous trip to a foreign country, you’re gonna need a few essentials for spring break. We’re talking way beyond the adorable neon-striped swimsuit. And if you and your BFF match while lounging at the pool or sipping coffee at the cafe? Even better. While you’re counting down the days until you take off for your destination, check out these 12 DIYs that you’ll want to take on your spring break.
1. Lipstick Tote: You could use this as a carry-on for the airplane or your main bag on the trip. Either way, a girl always needs a classy tote everywhere she goes. (via Adventures in Fashion)
2. Donut Sunnies: If you’re donut obsessed, then bring out the nail polish to make these stylish sunglasses that look good enough to eat. (via Studio DIY)
3. Shibori Tank and Skirt: Need some outfit ideas for romping around a new city? DIY your own shibori clothes, which are perfect for staying classy in the sun. (via Brit + Co)
4. Passport Case: If you’re lucky enough to be traveling internationally for spring break, make sure your passport travels in style. (via Lovely Indeed)
5. Polka Dot Floppy Hat: Poolside reading is a must on break. This floppy hat offers some great protection from the sun while perusing your favorite mag, or even Homemakers. (via Sugar and Cloth)
6. Dyed Totes: A canvas tote has infinite possibilities. Whether it’s color blocked, herringbone or chevron, it promises to carry your stuff in style. (via Brit + Co)
7. Studded Flip Flops: We think these are some fab flip flops. They’d look even better in yellow too. (via For the Love of)
8. Camera Strap: Beautiful scenes are part of the spring break experience. Keep your camera right by your side with this colorful strap, ready to snap away. (via Design Love Fest)
9. Floral Sunnies: Bring a bit of floral power out in the sunshine by putting some flower decals on a colorful pair of sunnies. That’s a DIY we can fall hard for. (via Brit + Co)
10. T-Shirt Dress: You won’t be able to resist this simple sewing project. It’s the perfect dress for a swimsuit cover up, or you can dress it up with a statement necklace for dinner. (via Love Maegan)
11. Sea Salt Spray: After all that dry winter air, it’s time to break your hair in for spring with this DIY sea salt spray. (via Brit + Co)
12. Box Album: Once you’re home from your trip, print out all those Instagrams and create this little album of the best spring break ever. (via Camille Styles)
What DIYs will you make for your spring break 2015? Tell us below!