13 Must-Have Spring Platforms for Every Spring Function
For every spring fête and function on the horizon, you’re going to need an all-star pair of steppers to mix and mingle with your go-to party dresses. As far as trendy spring shoes go, this season’s must-have platforms are about to give your nude pumps a run for their money — and rightfully so. Not only do free-wheelin’ platforms deliver on the style front, but they’re also guaranteed to boost your confidence with all the added height (we’re looking at you, petite girls!). Between gorgeous floral printed platform sandals and throwback denim clogs, there’s no shortage of wobble-proof, blister-free options to pique your interest this season. Scroll down for 13 spring platforms that’ll make you ditch your sensible flats without a second thought.
1. Mango Printed Platform Sandals ($80): These tropical printed platform sandals are a shoo-in for your upcoming Maui adventure. From soaking up the rays to hitting the night scene, these bad boys will look just as ah-mazing paired with a black scalloped bikini as a flowy maxi dress.
2. Forever 21 Strappy Faux Suede Platform Sandals ($33): Show off some serious leg with these ultra-glam purple platform sandals that were made for salsa dancing. The chunky heel and ankle strap detail will look stunning with an effortless slip dress, a risqué jumpsuit — you name it.
3. ASOS Happiness Heeled Sandals ($68): Run, don’t walk, to snag these prom-worthy platform sandals that will elevate any spring look. Between the well-placed bow and the show-stopping mint metallic hue, these stylish steppers are more than ready for their close-up. *Adds to cart*
4. Loeffler Randall Arbella Platform Sandal ($395): Start saving up for these striped beauties now — they’ll easily be the best purchase you make this season. Whether you style them with a ruffled off-the-shoulder dress for a beachside wedding or a preppy white shirtdress for Sunday brunch, the sartorial options are endless.
5. Urban Outfitters Pamela Leather Platform Wedges ($89): Mary Janes have never looked so good! Just when you thought heels weren’t your jam, we uncover these platform wedges that are easy on the eyes and comfortable enough for your morning commute. Finish off your look with a boho-lovin’ bell sleeve dress and a vintage saddle bag.
6. Banana Republic Villa Platform Pump ($148): Add some pep to your step with these beautiful floral platform pumps that will take you seamlessly from desk to drinks. Keep things streamlined with a blouse and black culottes, or show off your master print-mixing skills a la a pair of gingham trousers.
7. Urban Outfitters Bobbie Platform Boot ($98): Unpredictable spring weather calls for a pair of suede platform ankle booties you can wear with tights now and easy-breezy tie-front skirts later. For an off-duty uniform, parade these around with some boyfriend jeans and a wide-brimmed hat.
8. M. Gemi The Peonia ($298): No spontaneous getaways required to rock these swoon-inducing lace-up wedges for work and play. Don’t let the five-inch (!) cork platform fool ya — they’re a breeze to walk in without sacrificing comfort. For a Parisian-chic look, style them with an accordion pleat skirt or a timeless LBD.
9. Mango Fringe Leather Sandals ($130): Allow these fringe-tastic mules to take you from dancing the day away at Coachella to bar-hopping with your squad. Pair ‘em with a denim button-front skirt and a cold-shoulder top for a throwback look that is so right now.
10. Zara Metallic Platform Sandals ($50): ICYMI: High-shine silver shoes and accessories are the “it” trend of the moment. Enter the *perfect* metallic platform sandals, which can be teamed with a track jacket and faux leather joggers for an athleisure look.
11. Marc Jacobs Linda Criss Cross Clog ($375): Channel your inner blue jean baby with these denim bejeweled clogs that are everything. Go the denim-on-denim route by pairing them with a denim fringed dress, or show off your diva side with some white throwback flares.
12. ASOS Heath Wide Fit Platform Sandals ($72): Cloudy days simply don’t exist when you have a pair of platforms this uplifting and sunny on standby. Just think how DDG these would look teamed with a romper for a spring bridal shower.
13. The Whitepepper Strapped Chunky Sandals ($113): Take it there with these retro white strappy sandals that demand attention. Wear them to the boardroom with a pencil skirt and some printed trouser socks, or style them with a denim overall dress come festival season.
How will you be styling your platforms this spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)