One of the best things about diverse cities like SF and NYC is that you’re constantly surrounded by the cuisines of so many different cultures every time you step out onto the sidewalk. Alas, not all of us live in The Big City, so we’re not always within walking distance of fabulous food trucks and sizzling hot dog carts. But you know what? That’s not a problem anymore! From falafel sandwiches to shrimp tacos, we have 18 of the greatest street food-inspired recipes around.
3. Falafel Sandwich: We simply cannot take our eyes off of this falafel-filled delight. It’s like all the colors of the rainbow decided to have a rockin’ pita pocket party. We’re glad we got the invite ;) (via Food People Want)
5. Eggplant Parmesan Pizza: Are you ready for this epic Italian mash-up in easy-to-eat street food form? Eggplant parmesan as NY-style thin crust pizza! We just love it when food trucks jazz up their offerings with crazy toppings (Ohh, and FYI: this recipe is gluten-free!). (via Udi’s)
6. Pork Banh Mi: Vietnamese Banh Mis are pretty much the king of all sub sandwiches. Just try resisting its crispy bun stuffed with savory pork, spicy cilantro and a crunchy carrot pickle. (via White On Rice Couple)
11. Easy Biryani: Biryani is a traditional South Asian rice dish that’s packed with flavor (think: cloves, curry, ginger + bay leaves!), yet surprisingly easy to make at home. Add this to your list of one-pot wonders! (via Singapore Shiok)
12. Buttery Crepes: For your next at-home brunch, take a break from fluffy pancakes and give sophisticated crepes a try. Oh, and be sure to keep with the French theme and ask your guests to bring the Champagne ;) (via Made Famous By)
15. 15-Minute Donut Holes: Is it weird that we like the donut hole more than the donut? Maybe because they’re so adorably round, maybe it’s because they’re bite-sized, or maybe because this recipe only takes 15 minutes to make! (via Cooking Classy)
16. Mexican Street Corn: One bite into these zesty Mexican street corn (topped with cilantro and mayo — oh yeah!) and you won’t believe you’ve been eating regular ol’ corn on the cob your entire life. (via Stupid Dope)
17. Lobster Roll: If you’re from the East Coast, you know that summertime = lobster roll time. If you’re not from the East Coast, get ready to discover your new favorite time of year. (via the Food Network)
18. Crock Pot Korean BBQ Tacos: Fusion food can be one messy #fail, but one dish that did get it so, so right was Korean BBQ tacos. Just throw soy + ginger marinated short ribs in the slow cooker and drool ’til they’re done! (via Tasty Kitchen)
Which street food recipe is calling your name? Tell us about it (and share your fave!) in the comments below!