This Pokemon Go Dating App Lets You Pika-Choose Your New Love
Pokemon Go is taking over the world right now, sparking endless headlines and even leading to potential romantic hook-ups (for real, guys). If you dream of one day wearing your very own Pokemon engagement ring, but are still seeking a Snorlax-searching S.O., then we have the just the thing for you. PokéDates is a new matchmaking site that will help you catch ‘em all while snagging the love of your life.
Jumping on the latest craze, the folks over at Project Fixup, “a fun and convenient way to meet someone new (whether or not you play Pokemon GO!),” want to help you find the perfect PokéPartner with the adorably named PokéDates.
To get into the action, all you need to do is…
1. Answer a few questions. Let the folks behind the scenes in on a little info about yourself and “what you seek in a PokéMate.” Once you’re done, one of their “Specialists” will take a peek at your PokéProfile to get your started on the road to PokéRomance.
2. Share your schedule. Let the Poké peeps know when you’re free and they’ll track down someone else using the service that you can “explore and battle” with.
3. Confirm your PokéDate. Once someone has been chosen for you, you’ll receive an email with details about your PokéMatch, as well as the time and place to meet.
4. Catch ’em all, together. “Just show up at the right place and time and you can catch ‘em all together on your PokéDate!” Obviously, take all the normal first date precautions, like letting your besties know where you are and keeping them updated throughout.
5. Everlasting PokéLove? Hopefully you’ll find your Pokemon-lovin’ other half… or at least, a new friend.
Is this the kind of dating service that you (or a friend) could use? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)