Forget FOMO: After hearing of the utter and total disaster that was Fyre Festival, Twitter is having a field day with those that DID get in on the action this time around, buying tickets for prices reportedly ranging from $4,000-$250,000 for a VIP package for 12 (yes, you read that right).
Expecting to party with the likes of co-creator Ja Rule, models such as Kendall Jenner (fresh off her Pepsi controversy), Bella Hadid, and Emily Ratajkowski, who helped promote the event, and musical acts such as Blink 182 and Tyga, attendees were in for a rude awakening when the festival turned out to be a wash, with no headliners, shoddy, incomplete sleeping accommodations, less-than-savory food options, and no direct way off the island.
Though Ja Rule has since apologized and says he’s working to refund to each and every ticket, it hasn’t stopped Twitter from going in on fest-goers: Check out the most hilarious responses to the Fyre disaster (or, as Twitter is frequently confusing it, the “#FryeFestival”) below.
1. Shipwrecked: Joshua likened the exit situation to being stranded at sea with nothing but a yellow floatie.
2. Ja Rule’s Grand Exit: Run, Ja, run!
3. What a Relief: Brittany was wiping her brow free of worry after a straight week of FOMO.
4. Tumbleweeds in the Wind: JetsettersFlyin gave us this stark vision of all the hypothetical action happening at the fest. (Hint: not much.)
5. Duped: What the imagined actual entertainment looked like.
6. Angry panda: Chilltowntv imagined the rage attendees must have felt in this helpful, Panda-filled visual.
7. Tough love: Jazmin Jackson had no sympathy for those that got scammed, using this Willy Wonka meme to say so.
8. Cheer up: Standing Up 4 Trump made us (and everyone else) smile with this hilarious bright-side reminder.
9. Scammer Jig: Queen Frost envisioned the demeanor of those that threw the fest, happily making off with their millions.
10. Sorry About ‘cha: 50 Cent’s face here perfectly sums up the faces of everyone on Twitter reading the news.
11. Making New Friends: Chris in California put the situation in terms we could best understand, using this animated GIF of Tom Hanks making friends with his soccer ball Wilson in Castaway.
12. May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favor: Laurie McIver envisioned a slightly more cutthroat game sitch than Survivor, harkening back to the Hunger Games, instead.
13. Finger Lickin’ Good: Sera Kantel was simply here for the Tweets, savoring every bit of shade being thrown.
14. GoFundThem: Jeffrey shared a satirical disaster relief GoFundMe post for fest victims, saying, “and all they got was a sh*tty sandwich.”
15. Blindsided: This unsuspecting weather anchor being blindsided by a flying stop sign made for the perfect analogy to how ticket-holders must have felt upon arrival to the fest.
16. Dr. Evil: This explains everything.
17. A Picture’s Worth 1,000 Words: This really says it all.
And, finally, perhaps best of all:
18. Where’s Ja Rule? *Every person at the fest.*
Which Tweet was your favorite? Cast your vote over @BritandCo.
(Photo via David Ramos/Getty)