19 of the Most LOL-Worthy Reactions to the Massive Fyre Festival Flop
Forget FOMO: After hearing of the utter and total disaster that was Fyre Festival, Twitter is having a field day with those that DID get in on the action this time around, buying tickets for prices reportedly ranging from $4,000-$250,000 for a VIP package for 12 (yes, you read that right).
Expecting to party with the likes of co-creator Ja Rule, models such as Kendall Jenner (fresh off her Pepsi controversy), Bella Hadid, and Emily Ratajkowski, who helped promote the event, and musical acts such as Blink 182 and Tyga, attendees were in for a rude awakening when the festival turned out to be a wash, with no headliners, shoddy, incomplete sleeping accommodations, less-than-savory food options, and no direct way off the island.
— Ja Rule (@Ruleyork) April 28, 2017
Though Ja Rule has since apologized and says he’s working to refund to each and every ticket, it hasn’t stopped Twitter from going in on fest-goers: Check out the most hilarious responses to the Fyre disaster (or, as Twitter is frequently confusing it, the “#FryeFestival”) below.
— Joshua (@AlertingMainSt) April 28, 2017
1. Shipwrecked: Joshua likened the exit situation to being stranded at sea with nothing but a yellow floatie.
— Margaret Abrams (@margaretabrams) April 28, 2017
2. Ja Rule’s Grand Exit: Run, Ja, run!
— Brittany (@iamBrittanyv) April 28, 2017
3. What a Relief: Brittany was wiping her brow free of worry after a straight week of FOMO.
— JetsettersFlyin™ ✈️ (@JetSettersFlyIn) April 28, 2017
4. Tumbleweeds in the Wind: JetsettersFlyin gave us this stark vision of all the hypothetical action happening at the fest. (Hint: not much.)
— ResidingCynic (@ResidingCynic) April 28, 2017
5. Duped: What the imagined actual entertainment looked like.
— chilltowntv (@chilltowntv) April 28, 2017
6. Angry panda: Chilltowntv imagined the rage attendees must have felt in this helpful, Panda-filled visual.
— ✨JAZMIN JACKSON (@JazmeenStyle) April 28, 2017
7. Tough love: Jazmin Jackson had no sympathy for those that got scammed, using this Willy Wonka meme to say so.
— Standing Up 4 Trump (@UTHornsRawk) April 28, 2017
8. Cheer up: Standing Up 4 Trump made us (and everyone else) smile with this hilarious bright-side reminder.
— Queen Frost (@realGordonFrost) April 28, 2017
9. Scammer Jig: Queen Frost envisioned the demeanor of those that threw the fest, happily making off with their millions.
— formerly known as (@jshyb_) April 28, 2017
10. Sorry About ‘cha: 50 Cent’s face here perfectly sums up the faces of everyone on Twitter reading the news.
— Chris in California (@Chris_in_CA) April 28, 2017
11. Making New Friends: Chris in California put the situation in terms we could best understand, using this animated GIF of Tom Hanks making friends with his soccer ball Wilson in Castaway.
— Laurie McIver (@lauriemciver) April 28, 2017
12. May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favor: Laurie McIver envisioned a slightly more cutthroat game sitch than Survivor, harkening back to the Hunger Games, instead.
— Sera Kantel (@serakantel) April 28, 2017
13. Finger Lickin’ Good: Sera Kantel was simply here for the Tweets, savoring every bit of shade being thrown.
— Jeffrey M.Hoffman (@hoffenbrau51) April 28, 2017
14. GoFundThem: Jeffrey shared a satirical disaster relief GoFundMe post for fest victims, saying, “and all they got was a sh*tty sandwich.”
— Danielle Stein (@daniellestein1) April 28, 2017
15. Blindsided: This unsuspecting weather anchor being blindsided by a flying stop sign made for the perfect analogy to how ticket-holders must have felt upon arrival to the fest.
— Chelsey Reilly-Davis (@_chelseydagger) April 28, 2017
16. Dr. Evil: This explains everything.
— Faysal Lawrence (@Face_Law) April 28, 2017
17. A Picture’s Worth 1,000 Words: This really says it all.
And, finally, perhaps best of all:
— Steve Gannon (@shakespeherian) April 28, 2017
18. Where’s Ja Rule? *Every person at the fest.*
Which Tweet was your favorite? Cast your vote over @BritandCo.
(Photo via David Ramos/Getty)