Whether you’re spending Valentine’s Day with your honey or your squad this year, you’re obviously going to need some sweet treats to celebrate the day. After you’ve found romantic Valentine’s day dinner recipes and cute pink cocktail recipes, it’s time to think about dessert. We think these 15 Valentine’s Day-themed cookies will round out your spread.
1. Sugar Cookie Bars: These sugar cookie bars are the perfect alternative to your average (albeit delicious) cookie. Feel free to get as creative as you’d like with sprinkles and toppings, but we’re personally LOVING the gummy hearts. (via Dessert for Two)
2. Conversation Heart Cookies: We love the idea of writing personalized messages to each of your Galentines on these heart cookies. Bonus tip: To keep everything nice and neat (and legible), invest in a food coloring pen rather than trying to write on these babies by hand. (via Bake at 350)
3. Easy Strawberry Crinkle Cookies: Crunchy and flakey on the outside, yet soft and gooey on the inside, crinkle cookies (like these strawberry ones) are one of the top cookie trends on Pinterest as of late. (via Meatloaf and Melodrama)
4. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Valentine’s Hearts: WHY have we not been dipping cookie dough in melted chocolate for years?! This delectable dessert features a combination of chocolate chips, peanut butter and cookie dough, all dipped in a warm and creamy bath of chocolate fondue. (via OMG Chocolate Desserts)
5. Valentine Chalkboard Cookies: Here’s another creative idea that lets you share personalized messages with every Valentine on your list. Cover your cookies with black frosting, and then write messages with white food coloring for a chalkboard-like effect. Cute, right? (via Saving With Sarah)
7. Teddy Bear Graham Cookies Holding Conversation Hearts: It’s as simple as buying some Teddy Grahams and affixing conversation hearts to their bellies with frosting. (via Hello, Wonderful)
9. Take a Pizza My Heart Cookies: These require some time and effort to decorate, but the end result is SO worth it. You’ll need piping bags, icing tips, cutout cookie dough (feel free to make your own), toothpicks and red heart sprinkles to make these sweet pizza-shaped sugar cookies. (via Bake at 350)
11. Heart Shaped Peanut Butter Cookies: If you’re not a huge fan of sugar cookies (or anything pink), these peanut butter desserts may be more up your alley. They’re made with brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla extract, and — bonus — they’re ready in about 30 minutes. (via Semi-Sweet Sisters)
13. Very Valentine Pudding Cookies: That’s right — these desserts are essentially pudding in cookie form. They’re incredibly soft, gooey and chocolatey, perfect for any chocoholics in your life. Just be sure you set aside time to let them chill in the fridge for at least an hour. (via Crazy for Crust)
14. Linzer Cookies: These traditional Linzer cookies are essentially comprised of a tart jam filling and two sugary shortbread cookies. Almond and cinnamon also make guest appearances, making for a totally yummy dessert. (via Cooking Classy)
15. 4-Ingredient Strawberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies: Soft, sweet and strawberry-infused, these cookies give you a nice alternative to the traditional chocolate chip. And, as a MAJOR bonus, you only need four ingredients: strawberry cake mix, vegetable oil, white chocolate chips and eggs. (via Easy Peasy Pleasy)
For more holiday-themed recipes and food ideas, follow Brit + Co on Pinterest!