15 Ways to Celebrate Galentine’s Day With Your Fave Ladies
Valentine's Day is almost here, and whether you're single or happily taken, you can always have an amazing time celebrating with your friends. That's why we're channeling our inner #girlboss Leslie Knope of Parks and Recreation this Galentine's Day. If you can't decide between gathering your girlfriends for a Galentine's Day party or embarking on an epic road trip, here are 15 ideas for how to spend it with your squad.
1. Karaoke Party: What better way to start off your Galentine's Day shindig than by belting out a few tunes with your favorite ladies? Yep, we didn't think we'd have to tell you twice. (Photo via Brit + Co)
2. Nail Decorating Party: Pamper yourself this holiday with a nail design party. Pass a bottle of their favorite polish and this free printable out to your gals as they arrive. (via Studio DIY)
3. Galentine's Day Bake-off: BFFs stand together even when they're single or happily taken. Host a delicious bake-off with your gals to see who can get the most creative in the kitchen. (via Studio DIY)
4. Means Girls Movie Night: Prepare for a cozy night in with your ladies by catching up on one of the most classic flicks. Set the tone for the night with a DIY burn book vase that doubles as a hilarious take-home treat. (via Aww Sam)
5. Puppy-Love Play Date: Galentine's Day isn't just for humans. Invite your BFFs and their furry friends over for a puppy-love playdate. If you want to keep things a bit more relaxed, host a movie night and ask your friends to bring their dog beds too. (Photo via Brit + Co)
6. Beach Day Galentine: If you live on the coast, host your Galentine's Day gathering at the beach. Make sure you bring your favorite beach bag, a pair of sunglasses, and perhaps some bubbly — duh! (Photo via Brit + Co)
7. Road Trip With Your Gals: You don't have to spend the holiday inside. If you're not near the beach, you can take a day trip instead. Some ideas include visiting a ski lodge, going for a hike, or exploring that small town you've been meaning to hit. (Photo via Getty)
8. Wine Tasting Soiree: You and your girls love your wine (the proof is in your Instagram feeds!), so use the day as an excuse to host your very own rosé tasting party. (Photo via Brit + Co)
9. Host a Cooking Party: If you're the known chef in your group, spend the day hosting a cooking party. You can show off your culinary skills and teach your friends a new recipe. (Photo via Brit + Co)
10. Play in the Snow: An adventurous way to get outdoors and spend time with your ladies is to take advantage of the snow. Go skiing or snowboarding, or build a snow(wo)man. (Photo via Brit + Co)
11. Pool Party: If you live in a warmer climate (or have a heated pool), throw a fun G-Day pool party complete with all of the essentials like vino, floaties, and sunhats. (Photo via Brit + Co)
12. Parks & Rec Marathon: The best way to celebrate Galentine's Day is by honoring the creator, Leslie Knope, with a Parks and Rec marathon viewing party. Ask your ladies to supply the booze, and you can serve up the snacks and the show. (Photo via Getty)
13. DIY Party With Planters: Get a jump on spring decor with an easy DIY planter party. With a few basic steps, you and your girls can create living wall decor to decorate your space for February and even all the way through the summer months. (via Brit + Co)
14. The Bachelor Marathon: Calling all Bachelor nation gals! Love is in the air on this ABC reality show. Catch up on past episodes by hosting a marathon viewing party for your favorite rose ceremony show. (Photo via Brit + Co)
15. Outdoor Movie + Dinner: Your ladies deserve a get-together that's sure to give each gal the much-needed fun she deserves. Host an outdoor movie and dinner for your ladies. Step up your party with favors, swag bags, and a night of unlimited drinks. (Photo via Brit + Co)
Looking for more reasons to get together with your girls this Galentine's Day? Follow us on Pinterest for even more ideas.
Additional reporting by Sarah Koller
This article has been updated from a previous post on January 22, 2019.