15 Ways to Celebrate Galentine’s Day With Your Fave Ladies
Valentine’s Day is almost here, and whether you’re single or happily taken, you can always have a fun time celebrating with your friends. That’s why we’re channeling our inner #girlboss Leslie Knope of Parks and Recreation and celebrating Galentine’s Day. Whether you decide to gather your girlfriends for a Galentine’s Day party or go on an epic road trip, here are 15 ideas on how to spend it with your squad.
1. Karaoke Party: What better way to start off your Galentine’s Day celebration than by belting out a few tunes with your favorite ladies. Yep, we didn’t think we’d have to tell you twice.
2. Nail Decorating Party: Take advantage of the fact that Galentine’s Day falls on #manimonday with a nail design party. Pass a bottle of their favorite polish and this free printable out to your gals as they arrive. (via The Tomkat Studio)
3. Galentine’s Day Bakeoff: BFFs stand together even when they’re single or happily taken. Host a fun and delicious bake-off with your gals to see who can get the most creative in the kitchen. (via Studio DIY)
5. Puppy-Love Play Date: Galentine’s Day isn’t just for humans. Invite your gals and their furry friends over for a fun, puppy-love playdate. If you want to keep things a bit more relaxed, host a movie date and ask your friends to bring their dogs and dog beds.
6. Beach Day Galentine: If you’re lucky enough to live on the coast, host your Galentine’s Day gathering at the beach. Make sure you bring your favorite beach bag, a pair of sunglasses and perhaps some bubbly!
7. Road Trip With Your Gals: You don’t have to spend the holiday inside. If you’re not near the beach, you can take a day trip instead. Fun ideas include visiting a ski lodge, going for a hike or exploring that small town you’ve been meaning to hit. (Photo via Getty)
8. Wine Tasting Soiree: You and your girls love your wine (the proof is in your Instagram feeds!), so use the day as an excuse to host your very own wine tasting party.
9. Host a Cooking Party: If you’re the known chef in your group, a fun way to celebrate Galentine’s Day is to host a cooking party. You can show off your culinary skills and teach your friends a new recipe.
10. Play in the Snow: Sooner than you know, spring and summer will be here and the snow will be gone. An adventurous way to get outdoors and spend time with your ladies is to take advantage of the snow. Go skiing, snowboarding or build a snow(wo)man. (Photo via Getty)
11. Pool Party: If you live in a warmer climate (or have a heated pool), throw a fun Galentine’s Day pool party.
12. Parks & Rec Marathon: The best way to celebrate Galentine’s Day is by honoring the creator, Leslie Knope, with a Parks and Rec marathon viewing party. Ask your ladies to supply the booze — you can serve up the snacks and the show. (Photo via Getty)
13. DIY Party With Planters: Get a jump on spring decor with an easy DIY planter party. With a few basic steps, you and your girls can create living wall decor to decorate your space for February, and even all the way through the summer months. (via Brit + Co)
14. The Bachelor Marathon: Calling all Bachelor nation gals, love is in the air on the ABC reality show. Catch up on past episodes by hosting a marathon viewing party for your favorite rose ceremony show. (via Kara’s Party Idea)
15. Outdoor Movie + Dinner: Your ladies deserve a get-together that’s sure to give each gal the much-needed fun she deserves. Host an outdoor movie and dinner for your ladies this Galentine’s Day. Fun add-ons for your party can include a raffle, swag bags and a night of unlimited drinks. (via The Glitter Guide)
Looking for more reasons to get together with your girls this Galentine’s Day? Follow us on Pinterest for even more fun ideas.