25 Valentine’s Day Gifts Under $50 Your BFF Will Love
If you thought that your days of indulging in conversation hearts (#guilty) and swapping heart-shaped suckers with your grade school besties were over, guess again. While Valentine’s Day may get a bad rep as a holiday solely for Starbucks lovers (T-Swift’s lyrics, not ours) — the one day that you either love or love to hate —Galentine’s Day, on the other hand, is a celebration of your squad always having your back. So, why not celebrate the ladies in your life with a little somethin’ somethin’ to honor your friendship (and, you know, the countless Ben & Jerry’s runs + late night shenanigans that the two of you have shared)? Scroll down for 25 red and pink gifts for your BFF that won’t break the bank. Pssst: They’re all $50 or less!
1. Ban.do Peekaboo iPhone 6/6S Case With Stickers ($26): For your bestest bud, look no further than this customizable iPhone case that is seriously bananas. Complete with fun stickers and quirky phrases, your emoji-obsessed friend won’t know what’s come over her.
2. Pinch Provisions Sweetheart Miniemergency Kit ($16): Just think of how many potential wardrobe snafus and everyday slip-ups you’ll help your bestie divert with one of these V-Day-approved mini emergency kits. From stain remover to double-sided tape, it’s all here.
4. Rocksbox Marbled Jewelry Tray Kit ($25): You know what they say: Best friends who DIY together stay together. Not only are these marbled jewelry trays insanely gorgeous, but you’ll receive your first month of Rocksbox for free. #Winning
5. Weird Empire Love Myself Pin ($10): This squeal-inducing “love myself” pin is too rad for words. Share the good vibes by handing these out to your entire girl gang.
6. Ban.do Twist Scarf ($20): Your busy, multi-tasking roommate will find a million and one ways to rock this versatile heart-printed twist scarf. It’s that foolproof.
7. Defy & Inspire Nail Polish in Xoxo ($7): Your bestie will straight-up love you for gifting her this fierce red shade from Target’s new nail care line consisting of five-free polishes. A girl’s night in is officially in order.
8. ASOS Valentines Heart Jelly Coin Purse ($11): Because an ordinary change purse obvs won’t do. This ‘90s-esque jelly pouch is just the thing for your Lisa Frank-obsessed friend.
9. ASOS Valentines Sheer Heart Ankle Socks ($6): For the girl who seemingly has everything, these fancy heart-printed socks won’t go unnoticed. Odds are, she wouldn’t have thought to buy them for herself.
10. Topshop Love Eyes Fluffy Pom Bag Charm ($12): A stylish partner in crime only deserves the chicest accessory on the block. This googly-eyed pom charm can be attached to any handbag or mini backpack for a playful look.
11. Forever 21 Heart Graphic Mug ($7): She’ll think of you every time she takes a sip from her morning coffee (or tea). Throw in a packet of hot cocoa mix for the ultimate V-Day luxury.
12. Fatty Sundays for Your Galentine ($24): Cue the nomz: These chocolate covered pretzels from Fatty Sundays are just as mouth-watering and scrumptious as they look. Gift the entire set to your soul sista or divide it up amongst three of your closest lady friends.
13. Madewell Arrow Drop Earrings ($22): Minimalist babes alike will appreciate these simple gold arrow studs that can be paired with anything from a white button-down to a black jumpsuit.
14. Urban Outfitters I Heart You Portable Power Charger ($38): We all have that one suitemate, co-worker or even a college-aged sister who #cantstopwontstop. This portable heart-shaped charger will be a lifesaver the next time a conundrum hits.
16. MDM Flow Lipstick Supreme ($18): Help your BFF perfect her pout with this daring red lipstick à la MDM Flow. From midday touch-ups to date night, it’ll be a welcome addition to her beauty stash.
17. Glossier Soothing Face Mist ($18): This miracle-working face mist from Glossier will exceed her expectations. Between an early-morning gym sesh and a long day at the office, this refreshing rose scent will serve as the perfect afternoon pick-me-up.
19. Paper Pastries Enamored Pencil Set of 6 ($8): Your studious, Type-A roomie can now dot her I’s and cross her T’s in style. Though slightly cheesy, who couldn’t want this cheeky pencil set?
20. Kate Spade Secret Admirer confetti Print Cori ($48): For a secret Valentine’s Day swap, this itsy-bitsy wristlet will result in ALL the heart eye emojis. The colorful confetti print is enough to get us swooning.
21. Anthropologie Heart-Tipped Arrow Card ($5): Keep things small and sentimental this V-Day by going the snail mail route. Any long-distance friend would be floored to receive one of these lovely arrow greeting cards.
22. Skinnydip Pink “Girls” Heart Crossbody Bag ($48): Can you say squad #goals? Your go-to wing woman will get a kick out of this heart-shaped cross-body bag that has GNO written all over it. At the very least, we’re betting Lena Dunham would approve.
23. Leccare Lollipops XL Vegan Lollipop ($12): For a less mainstream Valentine’s Day treat (read: no candy hearts here!), these gourmet vegan lollipops will hit the spot. With tasty flavors like watermelon sea salt, you can’t go wrong.
24. Pixie Market Threesome Heart Ring Set ($16): The self-proclaimed ring queen herself only deserves the best. Enter this flashy trio consisting of two bejeweled heart rings and a pearl statement piece. She can wear just one or stack ‘em all for a game-changing look.
25. Winden Bestie Ring ($65): Wear your ish on your finger with this updated version of a friendship bracelet. Mix and match with your stacking ring collection to perfect your cool-girl finger candy.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)