Unless you’ve been hiding from the internet and social media for the past year, you’ve noticed the rise of ube — everyone’s new fave (purple) sweet potato. You truly can’t miss it in all of its bright and magical glory. Naturally, this trend inspired a purple palate takeover — like that tasty purple drink from the ‘bux! It also encouraged people to get crafty with violet veggies any which way they could. This is awesome news for those who strive to impress their fam on #MeatlessMonday, and we’ve got 13 plum-hued dishes that will spark your imagination and pretty up those plates.
1. Purple Sweet Potato Collard Wraps With Cashew Honey Mustard: Leafy greens are always guaranteed to create a beautiful dish with their lush presentation and healthy vibes. However, things get even more interesting with a tasty smear of mauve in the mix. (via Reclaiming Yesterday)
2. Mashed Purple Sweet Potatoes With Smokey Glazed Carrots: This gorgeous dish looks like it’s straight out of a fairy tale. Creamy mashed potatoes are adorned with tender sweet and smokey carrots to create a meal that is as delicious as it is lovely. (via Green Evi)
3. Purple Cauliflower Tabbouleh: With the rising fame of both purple foods and the versatile cauliflower, it’s pretty exciting to see that you can get the best of both worlds. This tabbouleh creates a stunning and healthy dish with purple cauliflower and heaps of fresh flavors. (via Well and Full)
4. Purple Carrot and Golden Beet Tart With Tahini and Sumac: It’s tough to beat a savory puff pastry topped with tasty bits of everything that is nutritious and delicious. This tart doesn’t just bring a ton of flavor to the table, but a whole lot of WOW factor too! (via Cravings in Amsterdam)
5. Easy Peanut-Kale Black Rice Bowl: Black rice has been gaining momentum in the foodie world over the past year and, though purple isn’t in the name, it possesses a plum hue that pops. With its tender texture and nutty flavor, it’s a fab addition to a wholesome grain bowl. (via Healthy Happy Life)
6. Purple Potato and Chickpea Salad With Lemon Dill Tahini Dressing: If you ever wanted to rival your aunt’s famous potato salad, this is the way to do it. Hearty chickpeas and vivid purple potatoes are tossed in a refreshing dressing to give you the kind of excitement that potato salad has never seen before. (via The Simple Kitchen)
7. Purple Roasted Cauliflower With Mint-Basil Chimichurri: Roasting vegetables is one of the absolute BEST ways to enjoy vegetables, hands-down. So this robust purple cauliflower certainly speaks. To top it off, it’s paired with a chimichurri you’ll want to drizzle over all the things, all the time. (via Real Food With Dana)
8. Thai Veggie Stuffed Sweet Potatoes With Spicy Peanut Sauce: Classic loaded potatoes are a thing of beauty on their own, so imagine how impressed your family would be when faced with a platter of these bad boys. Not only are they basically an edible rainbow, but they’re stuffed with those delish peanut-y Thai flavors we crave on the regular. (via Wife Mama Foodie)
9. Mashed Purple Potatoes With Whipped Goat Cheese: This dish boasts so much elegance, it’s amazing that it’s so easy to throw together. If you can make mashed potatoes, you’ve got this. Complete with tangy whipped goat cheese and earthy pine nuts, this medley is perfect for a girl’s night in. (via Fashion Edible)
10. Mashed Purple Yams With Sesame Brown Butter: If you love digging your fork into a fluffy pile of mashed sweet potatoes, you need this recipe in your life stat. Not only is it jaw-dropping in appearance, but the addition of sesame brown butter brings warm and cozy flavors to balance out the natural sweetness of the yams. (via The Endless Meal)
11. Purple Cauliflower Thai Green Coconut Curry With Carrot Noodles: What better way to jazz up your spiralized carrot noodles than to add bright mauve florets of cauliflower? This beauty is jam-packed with nutritious goodies like vitamin C and fiber, so pen this into your weekly rotation. (via Inspiralized)
12. Purple Potato Salad With Herbed Vinaigrette: Unlike most potato salads that are super rich and heavy in mayo, this one brings a medley of light, bright and fresh to your palate… making it the perfect side for any Meatless Monday main. The zesty flavors from the mustard, lemon and herbs will easily help you forget about its heavier counterpart. (via Eat Your Beets)
13. Roasted Cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts: This healthy and flavorful side dish is *so* good, you may just want to spoon up some extra and make it your entree. Simple and healthy, this blend of roasted purple cauliflower and earthy green Brussels sprouts is a healthy option that is GF and grain-free. (via Wife Mama Foodie)
Follow us on Pinterest for more exciting #Meatless Monday madness.