Believe it or not, low-carb desserts don’t have to taste like cardboard. These 14 fabulous creations prove that and so much more with their delicious flavor and texture. We’re talking everything from cakes to brownies and even ice cream, which can stand alone or be served with both. And each of these tempting treats will satisfy… yes, even non-carb-conscious folks. Because some days you want to end things on a healthy and sweet note, right?
1. Healthy Chocolate Cake With Peanut Butter Frosting: It’s hard to argue with the winning combo of chocolate and peanut butter, especially when it comes in the form of moist cake and rich, sweet frosting. (via Desserts With Benefits)
2. Chocolate Banana Bread Brownies (Grain-Fee): These fudgy brownies are equally delicious nibbled on straight from the pan as they are topped with a scoop of ice cream. (via Mom, Can I Have That?)
3. Greek Yogurt Crème Brûlée: Using Greek yogurt in place of heavy cream is a sneaky way to make every crème brûlée super creamy, all while slashing the fat. (via All Day I Dream About Food)
4. Chocolate Cardamom Cake (Paleo): Aromatic, fruity cardamom makes this double chocolate pound cake uniquely delicious. (via Foraged Dish)
5. Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies (Keto, Gluten-Free): Chocolate drop and all, it only takes six ingredients to mix up a batch of these chewy peanut butter cookies. (via Modern Low Carb)
6. Chocolate Pudding Cake: This pudding cake actually improves with age. Do you have what it takes to resist its charms? (via Briana Thomas)
7. Pistachio Raspberry Rose Tartelettes: These tartelettes are a great addition to a springtime dessert table. Fill the almond shortbread crusts with delicious pastry cream and berries, or whatever else your heart desires. (via Mom, Can I Have That?)
8. Salted Caramel Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream: Salted caramelplus chocolate? We’ll take a double scoop, please. (via All Day I Dream About Food)
9. Healthy Homemade Twinkies (Gluten-Free): Now even the carb-conscious can enjoy a taste of the famous cream-filled sponge cakes. (via Desserts With Benefits)
10. Chocolate Espresso Torte: Light cake layers are stacked with fluffy espresso-laced whipped cream and finished with a coating of ganache to create this airy torte. (via All Day I Dream About Food)
11. Ricotta Cake: A welcome departure from super rich, New York-style cheesecakes, this ricotta-based delight is deceptively delicate. (via Healthy Recipes)
12. Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free): Using two types of chocolate is the trick for making these squares extra rich and irresistible. The swirl of peanut butter on top is a nice touch, but a totally optional one if you need a straight-up chocolate fix. (via Preheat to 350°)
13. Chocolate Chunk Almond Butter Cookies: It only takes 20 minutes to get a batch of these bad boys out of the oven. The only problem is, they may disappear just as quickly. (via The Iron You)
14. Apple Galette: You don’t need to wait for fall to come around again to make this gorgeous galette. The buttery crust and spiced apples are sure to hit the spot all year long. (via Glamorous Bite)
What are some of your favorite low-carb creations for dessert? Share yours with us in the comments!