15 Beauty Supplements Your Skin Will Love This Winter
Winter might be known as the most wonderful time of the year, but our skin tends to disagree. The cold weather combined with the dry heat we blast in our houses inevitably leads to a dehydrated, dull complexion that is anything but wonderful. While there are plenty of skincare and makeup goodies to get your skin glowing, we love the idea of boosting our bodies from the inside out with the help of some cold weather-fighting supplements. We’ve rounded up 15 of our faves that are filled with ingredients guaranteed to strengthen your hair, skin and nails throughout the coolest time of the year.
1. Sibu Beauty Sea Buckthorn Oil Cellular Support With Omega 7 ($30): Sea buckthorn oil is already a very popular ingredient for skincare because of its high dose of omega 3s, so it’s a no-brainer that it would make for an excellent beauty supplement.
2. The Beauty Chef Hydration Inner Beauty Boost ($40): Hydrate your skin with a probiotic elixir chockfull of skin-loving goodies such as coconut water, aloe vera and lemon myrtle.
4. Puritan’s Pride Bee Pollen Complex ($12): Bee pollen might not seem like an ingredient you want in your body, but it actually makes for a fabulous supplement. It helps to maintain energy as well as overall health during the cold winter season.
5. Murad Firm and Tone Dietary Supplement Pack ($138): While we might think of skincare as being a topical-only treatment, that’s actually not the case at all. Skincare brand Murad created this supplement to help improve the texture of your skin as well as the appearance of cellulite using a blend of healthy ingredients.
6. High Potency Biotin ($15): Biotin is a B vitamin that is found in a wide variety of food sources. It works fantastically at improving the appearance of skin, hair and nails because it’s a necessary component for cell growth.
7. Moon Juice Beauty Dust ($65): Pour a little beauty magic into your daily cup of tea with this powdered blend of goji, pearl and rehmann. This formula helps to increase collagen and silica production, leaving you with hydrated and rejuvenated skin.
8. Perricone MD Super Berry with Açaí Dietary Supplement Powder ($75): Super berries to the rescue! This supplementary powder is easy to use on the go and provides an instant boost of energy while helping to fight wrinkles long-term.
10. Phyto Phytophanère Hair and Nails Dietary Supplement ($59/120 caplets): Nourish your body from the inside out with this dietary blend of vitamins and omegas. The supplement helps to create fuller, stronger hair and nails as well as overall healthier skin.
11. NeoCell Beauty Burst Collagen Soft Chews ($20): Skin and hair health have never tasted so good. These fruit punch flavored chews pack quite the punch, providing you with skin hydrators and collagen enhancers such as hyaluronic acid and vitamin C.
12. Nature Made Prenatal Multivitamin ($15): While these vitamins are meant for women who are pregnant or trying to get pregnant, many ladies love them for their skin and hair benefits.
13. Murad Pure Skin Clarifying Dietary Supplement ($43): This supplement uses yellow dock and burdock root to strengthen your internal defense against breakouts. The result is clearer and all-around healthier skin.
15. Hum Nutrition Arctic Repair ($60): Lingonberries are the main ingredient in this dietary supplement that helps to rejuvenate your skin. Combined with plenty of vitamins and omegas, taking this daily will help brighten and refresh tired skin over time.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.