15 Beauty Supplements Your Skin Will Love This Winter
Winter might be known as the most wonderful time of the year, but our skin tends to disagree. The cold weather combined with the dry heat we blast in our houses inevitably leads to a dehydrated, dull complexion that is anything but wonderful. While there are plenty of skincare and makeup goodies to get your skin glowing, we love the idea of boosting our bodies from the inside out with the help of some cold weather-fighting supplements. We’ve rounded up 15 of our faves that are filled with ingredients guaranteed to strengthen your hair, skin and nails throughout the coolest time of the year.
1. Sibu Beauty Sea Buckthorn Oil Cellular Support With Omega 7 ($30): Sea buckthorn oil is already a very popular ingredient for skincare because of its high dose of omega 3s, so it’s a no-brainer that it would make for an excellent beauty supplement.
2. The Beauty Chef Hydration Inner Beauty Boost ($40): Hydrate your skin with a probiotic elixir chockfull of skin-loving goodies such as coconut water, aloe vera and lemon myrtle.
4. Puritan’s Pride Bee Pollen Complex ($12): Bee pollen might not seem like an ingredient you want in your body, but it actually makes for a fabulous supplement. It helps to maintain energy as well as overall health during the cold winter season.
5. Murad Firm and Tone Dietary Supplement Pack ($138): While we might think of skincare as being a topical-only treatment, that’s actually not the case at all. Skincare brand Murad created this supplement to help improve the texture of your skin as well as the appearance of cellulite using a blend of healthy ingredients.
6. High Potency Biotin ($15): Biotin is a B vitamin that is found in a wide variety of food sources. It works fantastically at improving the appearance of skin, hair and nails because it’s a necessary component for cell growth.
7. Moon Juice Beauty Dust ($65): Pour a little beauty magic into your daily cup of tea with this powdered blend of goji, pearl and rehmann. This formula helps to increase collagen and silica production, leaving you with hydrated and rejuvenated skin.
8. Perricone MD Super Berry with Açaí Dietary Supplement Powder ($75): Super berries to the rescue! This supplementary powder is easy to use on the go and provides an instant boost of energy while helping to fight wrinkles long-term.
10. Phyto Phytophanère Hair and Nails Dietary Supplement ($59/120 caplets): Nourish your body from the inside out with this dietary blend of vitamins and omegas. The supplement helps to create fuller, stronger hair and nails as well as overall healthier skin.
11. NeoCell Beauty Burst Collagen Soft Chews ($20): Skin and hair health have never tasted so good. These fruit punch flavored chews pack quite the punch, providing you with skin hydrators and collagen enhancers such as hyaluronic acid and vitamin C.
12. Nature Made Prenatal Multivitamin ($15): While these vitamins are meant for women who are pregnant or trying to get pregnant, many ladies love them for their skin and hair benefits.
13. Murad Pure Skin Clarifying Dietary Supplement ($43): This supplement uses yellow dock and burdock root to strengthen your internal defense against breakouts. The result is clearer and all-around healthier skin.
15. Hum Nutrition Arctic Repair ($60): Lingonberries are the main ingredient in this dietary supplement that helps to rejuvenate your skin. Combined with plenty of vitamins and omegas, taking this daily will help brighten and refresh tired skin over time.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!