15 Beauty Supplements Your Skin Will Love This Winter
Winter might be known as the most wonderful time of the year, but our skin tends to disagree. The cold weather combined with the dry heat we blast in our houses inevitably leads to a dehydrated, dull complexion that is anything but wonderful. While there are plenty of skincare and makeup goodies to get your skin glowing, we love the idea of boosting our bodies from the inside out with the help of some cold weather-fighting supplements. We’ve rounded up 15 of our faves that are filled with ingredients guaranteed to strengthen your hair, skin and nails throughout the coolest time of the year.
1. Sibu Beauty Sea Buckthorn Oil Cellular Support With Omega 7 ($30): Sea buckthorn oil is already a very popular ingredient for skincare because of its high dose of omega 3s, so it’s a no-brainer that it would make for an excellent beauty supplement.
2. The Beauty Chef Hydration Inner Beauty Boost ($40): Hydrate your skin with a probiotic elixir chockfull of skin-loving goodies such as coconut water, aloe vera and lemon myrtle.
4. Puritan’s Pride Bee Pollen Complex ($12): Bee pollen might not seem like an ingredient you want in your body, but it actually makes for a fabulous supplement. It helps to maintain energy as well as overall health during the cold winter season.
5. Murad Firm and Tone Dietary Supplement Pack ($138): While we might think of skincare as being a topical-only treatment, that’s actually not the case at all. Skincare brand Murad created this supplement to help improve the texture of your skin as well as the appearance of cellulite using a blend of healthy ingredients.
6. High Potency Biotin ($15): Biotin is a B vitamin that is found in a wide variety of food sources. It works fantastically at improving the appearance of skin, hair and nails because it’s a necessary component for cell growth.
7. Moon Juice Beauty Dust ($65): Pour a little beauty magic into your daily cup of tea with this powdered blend of goji, pearl and rehmann. This formula helps to increase collagen and silica production, leaving you with hydrated and rejuvenated skin.
8. Perricone MD Super Berry with Açaí Dietary Supplement Powder ($75): Super berries to the rescue! This supplementary powder is easy to use on the go and provides an instant boost of energy while helping to fight wrinkles long-term.
10. Phyto Phytophanère Hair and Nails Dietary Supplement ($59/120 caplets): Nourish your body from the inside out with this dietary blend of vitamins and omegas. The supplement helps to create fuller, stronger hair and nails as well as overall healthier skin.
11. NeoCell Beauty Burst Collagen Soft Chews ($20): Skin and hair health have never tasted so good. These fruit punch flavored chews pack quite the punch, providing you with skin hydrators and collagen enhancers such as hyaluronic acid and vitamin C.
12. Nature Made Prenatal Multivitamin ($15): While these vitamins are meant for women who are pregnant or trying to get pregnant, many ladies love them for their skin and hair benefits.
13. Murad Pure Skin Clarifying Dietary Supplement ($43): This supplement uses yellow dock and burdock root to strengthen your internal defense against breakouts. The result is clearer and all-around healthier skin.
15. Hum Nutrition Arctic Repair ($60): Lingonberries are the main ingredient in this dietary supplement that helps to rejuvenate your skin. Combined with plenty of vitamins and omegas, taking this daily will help brighten and refresh tired skin over time.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.