5 Real Women Share Their Favorite Dating App
These days, there are so many dating apps that it can be hard to choose just one, let alone figure out which will give you the best results. Plus, there are tons of unique challenges that come along with these apps, like potentially becoming the victim of a scam or having to navigate whether online flirting is cheating once you finally meet a match. Eek! Any online dating veteran will tell you that the key to getting what you want out of dating apps is knowing what you’re looking for, but testing all of them out can be exhausting. To save you hours of “research,” we asked five real women which apps they love and why. Find out which one best fits with what you’re looking for below and DL away.
1. Hinge: “I like Hinge because it limits the number of people you can swipe through in a day. Endlessly swiping through potential mates is kind of depressing and, to be honest, a little creepy. I feel like limiting the number of options really erases that concern for me. I also really like that you have to have a mutual friend with matches. Even though it could be a person you’re not that close with, at least you have someone you can ask about your date if you need to.” — RM
DL it: Free on iOS
2. Tinder: “Tinder is my favorite one, I think mostly out of sheer numbers. There are the most people on it, so the numbers of matches and responses are high. It also moves pretty quickly, so there’s less time wasting chats; you tend to figure out if you’re interested in someone enough to go out with them or not within a day or two, because the messaging back and forth is on the faster side. And sure, there are creeps and sexist and racist comments, but those happen with all dating apps. And with Tinder, at least they happen right off the bat as opposed to a week in.” — JG
3. Her: “Her is the best. But that’s obviously because it’s populated only by women.” — SW
DL it: Free on iOS with in-app purchases
4. Bumble: “ I like that I have the ‘choice’ in who to pick and who to message. I *really* like that I get to message first because it takes the guesswork out of waiting for someone else to reach out. And, in my experience, the men are BY FAR much more attractive, educated and ambitious than I would typically find on Tinder or OK Cupid (my other two go-to’s). I’ve had plenty of successful dates from it and, not to sound cheesy, met my boyfriend, who is the best man I’ve ever met in my entire life and who I plan to marry… So, yes, Bumble!” — IG
5. OKCupid: “I like it the most because the focus is less on pictures and more on the writing to each other and compatibility. Other apps had me matching with literally everyone and had either no text or one sentence — not super conducive to anything but casual hookups.” — EM
What’s your favorite dating app and why? Give us the deets @BritandCo!
(Feature photo via Getty)
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.