5 Real Women Share Their Favorite Dating App
These days, there are so many dating apps that it can be hard to choose just one, let alone figure out which will give you the best results. Plus, there are tons of unique challenges that come along with these apps, like potentially becoming the victim of a scam or having to navigate whether online flirting is cheating once you finally meet a match. Eek! Any online dating veteran will tell you that the key to getting what you want out of dating apps is knowing what you’re looking for, but testing all of them out can be exhausting. To save you hours of “research,” we asked five real women which apps they love and why. Find out which one best fits with what you’re looking for below and DL away.
1. Hinge: “I like Hinge because it limits the number of people you can swipe through in a day. Endlessly swiping through potential mates is kind of depressing and, to be honest, a little creepy. I feel like limiting the number of options really erases that concern for me. I also really like that you have to have a mutual friend with matches. Even though it could be a person you’re not that close with, at least you have someone you can ask about your date if you need to.” — RM
DL it: Free on iOS
2. Tinder: “Tinder is my favorite one, I think mostly out of sheer numbers. There are the most people on it, so the numbers of matches and responses are high. It also moves pretty quickly, so there’s less time wasting chats; you tend to figure out if you’re interested in someone enough to go out with them or not within a day or two, because the messaging back and forth is on the faster side. And sure, there are creeps and sexist and racist comments, but those happen with all dating apps. And with Tinder, at least they happen right off the bat as opposed to a week in.” — JG
3. Her: “Her is the best. But that’s obviously because it’s populated only by women.” — SW
DL it: Free on iOS with in-app purchases
4. Bumble: “ I like that I have the ‘choice’ in who to pick and who to message. I *really* like that I get to message first because it takes the guesswork out of waiting for someone else to reach out. And, in my experience, the men are BY FAR much more attractive, educated and ambitious than I would typically find on Tinder or OK Cupid (my other two go-to’s). I’ve had plenty of successful dates from it and, not to sound cheesy, met my boyfriend, who is the best man I’ve ever met in my entire life and who I plan to marry… So, yes, Bumble!” — IG
5. OKCupid: “I like it the most because the focus is less on pictures and more on the writing to each other and compatibility. Other apps had me matching with literally everyone and had either no text or one sentence — not super conducive to anything but casual hookups.” — EM
What’s your favorite dating app and why? Give us the deets @BritandCo!
(Feature photo via Getty)
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.