5 Real Women Share Their Favorite Dating App
These days, there are so many dating apps that it can be hard to choose just one, let alone figure out which will give you the best results. Plus, there are tons of unique challenges that come along with these apps, like potentially becoming the victim of a scam or having to navigate whether online flirting is cheating once you finally meet a match. Eek! Any online dating veteran will tell you that the key to getting what you want out of dating apps is knowing what you’re looking for, but testing all of them out can be exhausting. To save you hours of “research,” we asked five real women which apps they love and why. Find out which one best fits with what you’re looking for below and DL away.
1. Hinge : “I like Hinge because it limits the number of people you can swipe through in a day. Endlessly swiping through potential mates is kind of depressing and, to be honest, a little creepy. I feel like limiting the number of options really erases that concern for me. I also really like that you have to have a mutual friend with matches. Even though it could be a person you’re not that close with, at least you have someone you can ask about your date if you need to.” — RM
DL it : Free on iOS
2. Tinder : “Tinder is my favorite one, I think mostly out of sheer numbers. There are the most people on it, so the numbers of matches and responses are high. It also moves pretty quickly, so there’s less time wasting chats; you tend to figure out if you’re interested in someone enough to go out with them or not within a day or two, because the messaging back and forth is on the faster side. And sure, there are creeps and sexist and racist comments, but those happen with all dating apps. And with Tinder, at least they happen right off the bat as opposed to a week in.” — JG
3. Her : “Her is the best. But that’s obviously because it’s populated only by women.” — SW
DL it : Free on iOS with in-app purchases
4. Bumble : “ I like that I have the ‘choice’ in who to pick and who to message. I *really* like that I get to message first because it takes the guesswork out of waiting for someone else to reach out. And, in my experience, the men are BY FAR much more attractive, educated and ambitious than I would typically find on Tinder or OK Cupid (my other two go-to’s). I’ve had plenty of successful dates from it and, not to sound cheesy, met my boyfriend, who is the best man I’ve ever met in my entire life and who I plan to marry… So, yes, Bumble!” — IG
5. OKCupid : “I like it the most because the focus is less on pictures and more on the writing to each other and compatibility. Other apps had me matching with literally everyone and had either no text or one sentence — not super conducive to anything but casual hookups.” — EM
What’s your favorite dating app and why? Give us the deets @BritandCo !
(Feature photo via Getty)