12 Ways to Style Your Hair for Your Next Workout
There’s nothing better than a good workout. Your endorphins surge, your stress melts away (at least for a moment) and you feel like a rockstar. However, a bad hairstyle can make it difficult to enjoy your favorite form of exercise. Brushing away the stray hairs in your face during spin class or having to re-do your ponytail while rock climbing is tough. These hairstyles will let you focus more on your downward dogs and less on your downward bangs.
3. Braids for Grown-Out Bangs: Growing out your bangs can be a tricky time to style your hair. With this easy-to-follow tutorial, you can keep your bangs pinned back while running your favorite loop. (via Oh Joy!)
6. “Bad Blood” Braid: Extreme sports require hairstyles that will stay put. Here’s a look that’ll keep you cool, whether you’re starring in a TSwift music video or you’re off to kayak, surf or mountain bike. (via Brit + Co)
8. Curly Hair Braids: Curly-haired ladies, do not fear braids. As this tutorial shows, curly hair is perfect for creating an adorable style that works well under a helmet and stays still while kicking butt at kickboxing. (via ModCloth)
11. French braid into a Ponytail: Combine two classics to create an effortless and effective workout style. Plus this pony-French-braid hybrid is cute enough to wear to brunch after your Sunday morning workout. (via Brit + Co)
12. Half-Up Top Knot: Here’s a top choice for ladies with short hair. Loop your hair in a half-up top knot for a chic and easy look. You’ll never have to worry about pinning back your flyaways. (via Forever 21)
What’s your favorite workout hairstyle? Let us know in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)