Workout Wear Under $100 to Help You Slay Your New Year’s Resolution
It’s one thing to say you’re going to work out every day, but it’s quite another to actually do it. In need of a little motivation? You’re not alone. Stylish workout wear is the perfect thing to get you off the couch and to the gym (or studio). Whether your activity of choice is cycling, yoga, pilates, boxing, running or the latest fitness trend, these chic staples are just what you need to build a fitness wardrobe that makes you feel confident and excited to get moving. Because if you don’t like what you’re wearing, why bother? Not only will these must-haves help you stick to your New Year’s resolution — and look fly AF while doing it — but they won’t break the bank. So if your other goal is to save money, we’ve got you covered there too!
1. adidas Originals Satin Pullover ($85): Say buh-bye to boring sweatshirts and hello to this oil-painted, pastel, marbled camo pullover. And while camo is supposed to make you blend in, we predict this particular print will do just the opposite.
2. CALIA by Carrie Underwood Women’s Everyday Printed Tank Top ($35): This long tank (by American Idol phenom, turned country singer, turned activewear designer, Carrie Underwood) keeps you covered no matter how much bending, stretching and toe touching you do. Plus, the antimicrobial and sweat-wicking fabric keeps you fresh as a daisy.
3. 2(x)ist Cross Back Sports Bra ($36): Perfect for yoga, pilates and barre, this light-support sports bra features a wide logo band, crisscross back and stretchy microfiber lining to keep you comfy well before, during (duh) and after class. And we love the vibrant pink color. Go ahead and show it off sans shirt (if that’s appropriate where you work out).
4. Nike Leg-A-See AOP Print Leggings ($50): Ready to hit the trail — or, more likely this time of year, the treadmill? This bold sneaker pattern gets you amped up to hit the pavement. The stretch fabric and elastic waistband guarantee you feel good from the first to the last mile (and all those in between).
5. P.E. Nation The Glide Tank in Black ($89): Step up your studio (and street) style game with this bold tank. The relaxed fit makes it easy to move, whether you’re hitting it hard at ShadowBox or spinning your butt off at Flywheel.
6. ShowMeYourMumu Cleopatra Bra ($72): Flaunt your feminine side with this floral print sports bra. Thick, stretch fabric, a scoop neck and a crisscross back deliver the perfect balance of comfort and support.
7. Zella Print Midi Leggings ($59): You heard it here — 2017 is all about the printed legging. This optic, cloud-like design is rather dreamy. Rock ’em to yoga and enjoy a long savasana. Hey, you earned it.
8. Terez Womens You’re a Stud Performance Reversible Crop Top ($60): This tank takes reversible to a whole new level. Instead of turning inside-out, this studded crop top reverses back to front. Sport it as a high or low neck style. Either way, you’re bound to make an edgy statement.
9. Beyond Yoga Lux Palette Essential Long Legging ($69): At the intersection of performance and fashion are these painterly yoga pants. As if the quick-drying, four-way stretch fabric wasn’t enough, this poly-spandex blend is infused with cooling properties! Hot yoga anyone?
11. Alo Airbrush Legging ($88): We can’t get enough of the cool camo print. And if that’s not enough to make you stock up, these babies also boast a seamless fit, tummy-flattening waistband and high-performance fabric. Be warned: You’re going to want to wear them even on your off days (hey, we won’t tell anyone).
12. C9 Champion Women’s Cold Weather 1/2 Zip Pullover ($49): Can’t get into running on the treadmill? Or maybe you’re just brave enough to make it outdoors to get your fitness on. This half-zip is for you! The brushed fabric retains heat, so you can stay toasty, even on the frostiest of days.
13. prAna Roxanne Capri ($69): To say these super soft capri pants are an essential would be an understatement. Between the eye-catching print, high-performance functionality and flattering waistband, you’ll never want to take them off!
14. DYI Crochet Crop Pullover ($50): We never thought we’d see the day when we could add crochet into our fitness wardrobe. This must-have crop top proved us wrong. It’s totally beautiful and breathable.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.