Workout Wear Under $100 to Help You Slay Your New Year’s Resolution
It’s one thing to say you’re going to work out every day, but it’s quite another to actually do it. In need of a little motivation? You’re not alone. Stylish workout wear is the perfect thing to get you off the couch and to the gym (or studio). Whether your activity of choice is cycling, yoga, pilates, boxing, running or the latest fitness trend, these chic staples are just what you need to build a fitness wardrobe that makes you feel confident and excited to get moving. Because if you don’t like what you’re wearing, why bother? Not only will these must-haves help you stick to your New Year’s resolution — and look fly AF while doing it — but they won’t break the bank. So if your other goal is to save money, we’ve got you covered there too!
1. adidas Originals Satin Pullover ($85): Say buh-bye to boring sweatshirts and hello to this oil-painted, pastel, marbled camo pullover. And while camo is supposed to make you blend in, we predict this particular print will do just the opposite.
2. CALIA by Carrie Underwood Women’s Everyday Printed Tank Top ($35): This long tank (by American Idol phenom, turned country singer, turned activewear designer, Carrie Underwood) keeps you covered no matter how much bending, stretching and toe touching you do. Plus, the antimicrobial and sweat-wicking fabric keeps you fresh as a daisy.
3. 2(x)ist Cross Back Sports Bra ($36): Perfect for yoga, pilates and barre, this light-support sports bra features a wide logo band, crisscross back and stretchy microfiber lining to keep you comfy well before, during (duh) and after class. And we love the vibrant pink color. Go ahead and show it off sans shirt (if that’s appropriate where you work out).
4. Nike Leg-A-See AOP Print Leggings ($50): Ready to hit the trail — or, more likely this time of year, the treadmill? This bold sneaker pattern gets you amped up to hit the pavement. The stretch fabric and elastic waistband guarantee you feel good from the first to the last mile (and all those in between).
5. P.E. Nation The Glide Tank in Black ($89): Step up your studio (and street) style game with this bold tank. The relaxed fit makes it easy to move, whether you’re hitting it hard at ShadowBox or spinning your butt off at Flywheel.
6. ShowMeYourMumu Cleopatra Bra ($72): Flaunt your feminine side with this floral print sports bra. Thick, stretch fabric, a scoop neck and a crisscross back deliver the perfect balance of comfort and support.
7. Zella Print Midi Leggings ($59): You heard it here — 2017 is all about the printed legging. This optic, cloud-like design is rather dreamy. Rock ’em to yoga and enjoy a long savasana. Hey, you earned it.
8. Terez Womens You’re a Stud Performance Reversible Crop Top ($60): This tank takes reversible to a whole new level. Instead of turning inside-out, this studded crop top reverses back to front. Sport it as a high or low neck style. Either way, you’re bound to make an edgy statement.
9. Beyond Yoga Lux Palette Essential Long Legging ($69): At the intersection of performance and fashion are these painterly yoga pants. As if the quick-drying, four-way stretch fabric wasn’t enough, this poly-spandex blend is infused with cooling properties! Hot yoga anyone?
11. Alo Airbrush Legging ($88): We can’t get enough of the cool camo print. And if that’s not enough to make you stock up, these babies also boast a seamless fit, tummy-flattening waistband and high-performance fabric. Be warned: You’re going to want to wear them even on your off days (hey, we won’t tell anyone).
12. C9 Champion Women’s Cold Weather 1/2 Zip Pullover ($49): Can’t get into running on the treadmill? Or maybe you’re just brave enough to make it outdoors to get your fitness on. This half-zip is for you! The brushed fabric retains heat, so you can stay toasty, even on the frostiest of days.
13. prAna Roxanne Capri ($69): To say these super soft capri pants are an essential would be an understatement. Between the eye-catching print, high-performance functionality and flattering waistband, you’ll never want to take them off!
14. DYI Crochet Crop Pullover ($50): We never thought we’d see the day when we could add crochet into our fitness wardrobe. This must-have crop top proved us wrong. It’s totally beautiful and breathable.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.